• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Family Loan - demand for immediate repayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regards to idea one, I’m going to do that. I’ll wait until the mortgage company says the funds are ready and offer him the money. I can’t do it as a part 36 because the mortgage company are useless and I’m scared I won’t meet the time limit. Once they announce the funds are there, I will offer the balance excluding fees and send a letter saying how hopeless the claim is and how I’ll be defending it and making it clear I won’t be paying his costs.

I can’t do 2, because sadly the bank have ringfenced the money so that it could only be paid to him in full settlement.

Do you know how long it takes to get into mediation please?

Comment

Mediation can be quick, but remember that it takes two!
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I can’t see him agreeing to mitigation. This whole claim is to punish me for looking after my grandma after he was arrested for beating her up and coercively controlling her. The loan would have been repayed in full, but for him issuing the claim, which has now stopped me getting the funds to repay him.

The claim form arrived with a service date of 31 May 2022 on it. I sent the AOS back in time. What is the last day I have to file my defence please, and is that the deadline for the court to get it or the deadline for me to post it please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X