• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Fine Credit Agreement???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Fine Credit Agreement???

Hi everyone, new to this site so hope that i am in the right forum. I was wondering if anybody could clarify a few things for me. I have a Welcome Finance agreement from July 2005 and after reading about so many agreements being unenforced i took a look at mine. There are 3 points that I am not sure would be correct but cannot find anything in reference to these particular things, i DO NOT have PPI however, the box is not ticked or signed on the credit agreement for this.

Set out much like this:
    amount of credit for good £7,500
    amount of ppi £0.00
    total amount of credit £7,500

total cash price £7,500
    acceptance fee £ 75
    interest charge £10,966.81
    total charge for credit £11,041.81

APR(variable) 24.20%
    rate of interest 23.90% per annum

120 monthly payments of £154.52

I have noticed that I have an administration charge of £75, but this is added before the total charge for credit and before the interest charge and that when i add up the 7,500 and interest and admin it doesnt come to the final figure they have of £11,041.81.

Also the 'Witness to customer signatures box' is not signed or dated either?

Plus, although the agreement is signed and dated by a Welcome adviser in their box, i have signed the agreement but there hasnt been any date entered from me. The other factor bugging me is that I only have a photocopy of my agreement? Is this normal, i thought I should have the original.

I would really appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me.
    Last edited by melissa; 13th February 2009, 23:11:PM. Reason: mistake

Re: Welcome Fine Credit Agreement???

Without seeing a scan of the agreement I'm NOT going to comment on the enforceability, or otherwise of this, BUT it does sound like you are clutching at straws here with relatively minor technicalities.

Taking something that tenuous to court would require a BIG pair.l

Comment

According to my calculations, you are overpaying by about 16p a month. But APR is notoriously difficult to calculate.

However, would you be in a position to pay an extra £52 (ish) a month? You'd repay it in 5 years instead of 10, and save yourself about £6K.

This is something I'm only just realising: these companies don't give you figures based over different time periods for comparison, and so rake in a huge fortune in interest. Simply because, like me, most folks have a phobia of trying to work stuff like this out for themselves.

I've just save myself a potential £11K over the lifetime of a loan by increasing my payments slightly. You do need to watch out for penalties with some companies for early repayment, but Welcome don't appear to do that.

Not yet anyway. Not until they cotton on to the fact that folks' eyes are being opened to the practice of extended term of repayment.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

thank you luggerbugs, i am considering doing that. appreciate your reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X