• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays + EGG CCA's are they enforceable - now Link Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays + EGG CCA's are they enforceable - now Link Financial

Hi

I have 2 accounts ex Barclaycard that are now with Link Financial, I have applied for my CCA's and received the attached paperwork.

The CCA for ex EGG card does not include my name and address - even when they resent it back out, trying to claim this information does not need to be included.

The Barclaycard CCA, has the correct front sheet from 2008 but the T & C's are from 2007. Front sheet says in condition 1 we sent out who's who, but the T&C's attached say something different.
    I have complained to Link, however they excused it saying 2007 was 'when my paperwork was printed' apparently a year before i opened the account is acceptable..

would any one be able to offer any clarity?

Thank You

Attached Files
    Tags: None

If anyone is able to offer any advise:

Link have still not sent paperwork to fix the mistakes I have noted, as i dont want this hanging over me for too long, as i find it distressing, I have contacted Link to offer a settlement. ( started at 7.5% hoping for some sort of negotiation but there was none)

As expected i have hit a wall with some aggression from their side.

I had previously complained about the default date on the accounts as i believe they were wrong (link defaulted me 2018 - i thought Barclays did in 2106) I took this to the ombudsman whom did not side with me (unfortunately) but further advised me to take the complaint straight to Barclaycard.

So when i have been in contact with link about the CCA of the account, link are mixing the two issues together and saying to me that the ombudsman did not agree with me so they are not will to take my complaint any further.. even though the two complaints are not connected. I even read back the ombudsman's reply and they pretty much just ignored me.

There response is either i have to set up a payment schedule or I have to take them to court???

apparently they will not accept any less than 60% to pay off the account, obviously im trying to get a better deal.

Not sure where i stand at all..

Last edited by Barry1980's; 7th October 2020, 14:45:PM.

Comment

To keep track on events,

Link financial are not budging on there stance, so I have took it to the financial ombudsman.

Although I have been told they dont give information on a legal standpoint they should be able to decided whether or not it follows the FCA code of conduct.

I dont believe they do follow the FCA rules (especially as one doesn't have name or address included in the paperwork).

I will reply again once I have feedback from the ombudsman.

peace out

Comment

update.. The ombudsman, as I thought refused to give his/ her opinion and said it was not in their jurisdiction. This was in Feb this year.

So i bit the bullet with link and set up a payment option with them, however since doing so i have not heard from them and they have not taken any money..

suppose i will just wait to i get a phone call or letter...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X