• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Honours Student Loans SAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honours Student Loans SAR

I have been paying off my student loans for many years, the debt had reduces to around £4000 and I came into a position to pay off the amount in full due to an inheritance. I have always suspected there may be issues with my account so I thought before paying I would file a SAR and go over it to make sure everything was in order.

The documents arrived along with a letter stating that notice of arrears letters sent in 2007 had not fully conformed with the CCA and they were going to refund me the interest charged during that period (around £2K). There was no explanation of why they did not conform or any copies of the letters in question.

I do not feel very well informed about the situation and wonder if this is something I should pursue further or if I should just clear the debt while I can?

Thanks, for any help.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X