• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell closed accounts but won't update credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell closed accounts but won't update credit file

Hi everyone,. Im looking for a little advice, hope you can help!

Lowell have recently closed a few accounts for me because of a serious health issue, but they have advised they will not updare my credit file, so they will remain open.

Are they allowed to do this?. If they have officially closed the account, shouldn't this be shown on my file?. They haven't just agreed to not chase it, but catagorically stated closed.

Many thanks for your help! :-)
    Tags: None

if the entry is correct nature it stays regardless of what action they take - as long it reflects a true record it stays, for 6 years Eng/Wales and 5 years scotland

Comment

So a debt that is say 5yrs old and not on a credit file gets bought by Lowell and they decide to put it on your file, in 5yrs time it would be showing a 10r old debt. Something has got to be wrong and unjust when a third party who owns an alleged debt is allowed to do this. Can someone explain if this can be challenged

Comment

Hi Suffering,

Any of these debt purchase firms can be challenged.

But, if they are not chasing you, what is there to challenge.

I don't understand why ordinary people get so caught up with what is on credit files.

Credit files mean nothing, they are just a tool used by debt purchasing firms to see who they can target next imo.

Ah well with the changes coming in to do with use and the holding of personal data, we'll see what these firms do next 'spose.

Comment

Have you checked all 3 of the Credit Reference agencies? for an entry?

Comment

I have previously (successfully) challenged all three CRA's over a Lowell entry, I argued if Lowell said the debt is now £0.00, then the CRA's must mark the account as settled, despite Lowell arguing to the contrary, In the end I summed it up with the following logic 'if Lowell say I owe them nothing, then there is nothing to pay, therefore the account is now settled' despite Lowell's protest the three CRA's saw my logic.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X