• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard - request for CCA and Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard - request for CCA and Terms and Conditions

Hi,

A couple of months ago I received Pre- court action paperwork from Robinson Way. I requested a CCA and the relevant terms and conditions. I also requested an account statement.

A couple of days ago I was sent the following paperwork ( attached) . Does the application counts a CCA? Does it matter that the dark areas are eligible? The date of the application was 1995 if it makes any difference.

Are the terms and conditions sent enough?Â* There is no date on them so I have no way of knowing if they are the correct documents. Also could someone please explain the letter about the terms and conditions as I have no idea what it means.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what I am doing despite spending hours trying to find my answers.

Thank you Â*
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Hi,Â*
    The app/agreement is not easily legible, and there seems to me that the " terms and conditions " may not be complete.
    Are there any " version" numbers on the T's & C's?
    Can you see if there are any further T's & C's mentioned in those documents (e.g. see xxx of terms 123) that do not appear anywhere in what you have received.

nem

Comment

Thank you Nem for the reply, I really appreciate it.

I will take another closeÂ* look at the documents after work. Thanks again Â*

Comment

Originally posted by monty park View Post
        A couple of months ago I received Pre- court action paperwork from Robinson Way. I requested a CCA and the relevant terms and conditions. I also requested an account statement.

A couple of days ago I was sent the following paperwork ( attached) . Does the application counts a CCA? Does it matter that the dark areas are eligible? The date of the application was 1995 if it makes any difference.

Are the terms and conditions sent enough?Â* There is no date on them so I have no way of knowing if they are the correct documents. Also could someone please explain the letter about the terms and conditions as I have no idea what it means.

You say you've received "Pre-court action paperwork" from Robinson Way so was this a formal 'Letter Before Claim' from Howard Cohen solicitors on behalf of their client Hoist? If so when you replied which box did you tick (A, B, C or D)?

Was your request for the credit agreement a formal s 77-79 CCA Request together with the £1 statutory fee which may protect your legal positon? Or was it a request for documents entered in Box I in Section 4 which doesn't protect your legal position.

Illegible documents can sometimes be remedied with a reconstituted document so don't rely too heavily on that potential legal issue.

The letter from Barclaycard appears to refer to a third party making the request on your behalf so would that be an advisor of some sort (unless I've misunderstood the first paragraph)?

How much is the outstanding balance on this ex Barclaycard debt and when did you last make a payment towards it or acknowledge it and when was it defaulted?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, it was a formal letter before claim. I ticked the box saying I was unsure if it was my debt and asked for further documents on the form. ( I didn't make a separate formal request with the £1 fee.)

Can they rely on a reconstituted document even though it was taken out in 1995?Â*

I was paying the debt at £200 a month for years and then received a letter back in 2014 from Robinson Way to say the debt was now paid in full. I honestly don't think it was but I had many more debts to focus on so I left it.( don't know what date the last payment was exactly ) I still have the letter. I didn't hear from them for 4 years and have now received the pre court documents saying I owe £4542.Â* Do you think it's worth producing the letter and arguing that it was paid in full or will they just say the letter was sent in error?

Sorry if it's confusing - I really am out of my depth here.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Hi,Â*
            The app/agreement is not easily legible, and there seems to me that the " terms and conditions " may not be complete.
            Are there any " version" numbers on the T's & C's?
            Can you see if there are any further T's & C's mentioned in those documents (e.g. see xxx of terms 123) that do not appear anywhere in what you have received.

nem
            Hi Nem, I've looked and there are no version numbers or references to other t and c's. Thanks Â*

Comment

it was a formal letter before claim. I ticked the box saying I was unsure if it was my debt and asked for further documents on the form. ( I didn't make a separate formal request with the £1 fee.)

I was paying the debt at £200 a month for years and then received a letter back in 2014 from Robinson Way to say the debt was now paid in full. . . . . I still have the letter. I didn't hear from them for 4 years and have now received the pre court documents saying I owe £4542.Â* Do you think it's worth producing the letter and arguing that it was paid in full or will they just say the letter was sent in error?.

You need to send a formal s 77-79 CCA Request immediately. You must include the £1 statutory fee. Send it Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

Until or unless they comply with your request the debt will be unenforceable in court.

Send it to Hoist (the debt owner) with a copy to Howard Cohen solicitors so that they are aware of their client's statutory obligations.

It's unwise to guess at the 'enforceability' of a debt based on your redacted documents. It would be wrong to give you a false sense of hope especially when there is the possibility for any flaws to be remedied such as Ts & Cs dates or better/legible copies of the originals produced further down the line.

Send a Subject Access Request to Barclaycard to get the full history of the account so that you're prepared in the event a claim is issued. That way you'll know what documents and information exist which you can use to compare with any reconstituted documents produced.

There are more ways to defeat a claim (which you've not received) than the credit agreement. Have you been served with an annual Notice of Sums in Arrears (s 86)?

And Hoist are unlicensed too.

Since you say you think Robinson Way made an error when they sent you that letter (which I've not seen) stating the balance had been cleared in full in 2014, you may need to do your own discrete background research before you flag it up at this stage.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di. I will sent of the s 77-79 and the SAR straightway. Would doing either of those things constitute acknowledging the debt and resetting the six years?Â*

I've not been served with anÂ*annual Notice of Sums in Arrears (s 86). Could I asked what it means that Hoist are unlicensed?Â*

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Hello, can anyone help!!

I received a Notice of Assignment from Hoist Portfolio back in July 2017 saying Barclaycard has assigned a debt to them. Robinson Way keep sending letter, texts , calls but I have never replied or acknowledge the debt. There is nothing on my credit file owing anything to anyone as of today. I think the debt is statute barred but I can not be sure. I think it was an old Egg card bought by Barclaycard but I can not remember as it was terminated in 2005 and there is no default recorded on my credit file. The last letter I have received last week from them telling me they will take court action if I do not contact them.

My question is if they wanted to do anything why wait 6 months? I have no idea if I paid any money to anyone for this in the last 5 years or more. I just do not know what to do.

Many thanks in advance..

Comment

Hello Di, can you hepp!!

I received a Notice of Assignment from Hoist Portfolio back in July 2017 saying Barclaycard has assigned a debt to them. Robinson Way keep sending letter, texts , calls but I have never replied or acknowledge the debt. There is nothing on my credit file owing anything to anyone as of today. I think the debt is statute barred but I can not be sure. I think it was an old Egg card bought by Barclaycard but I can not remember as it was terminated in 2005 and there is no default recorded on my credit file. The last letter I have received last week from them telling me they will take court action if I do not contact them.

My question is if they wanted to do anything why wait 6 months? I have no idea if I paid any money to anyone for this in the last 5 years or more. I just do not know what to do.

Many thanks in advance..

Comment

Thanks Di. I will sent of the s 77-79 and the SAR straightway. Would doing either of those things constitute acknowledging the debt and resetting the six years?

I've not been served with an annual Notice of Sums in Arrears (s 86). Could I asked what it means that Hoist are unlicensed?

Thanks again for your help.

Have you heard anything more from Howard Cohen in response to your CCA Request following their Letter Before claim?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by magicaljems View Post
                        Hello Di, can you hepp!!

Hello magicaljems

I've only just seen your post.

Why not start a new thread for your own Hoist Portfolio debt and tag me for help if you need it using Diana M . Or you could ask Admin to move your posts to a new thread where you can get help.

Was that last letter from Robinson Way or from Howard Cohen?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X