• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial credit services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial credit services

Hi there,
    I need some advise on how to handle Financial credit services,my parents have recieved two phone calls one on the 28th of december which we thought was the end of it and then again yesterday.
    Just after Christmas they had a call from FCS saying that my parents owed them over £600,this debt is over 6years old.The purchase my parents made was through littlewoods extra according to FCS,and littlewoods had passed the debt onto them.The person who called was very threatening ,rude and demanding full payment or bailiffs would be sent in,they said they have sent many letters to my parents regarding this issue but my parent have received nothing not one single thing from them.
    when i called them back they wouldn't speak to me,said they would only talk to the person who's on the account,so i asked my dad to ask what details they had and all they kept saying was you know what the debt is you know what ya purchased WE "FCS" haven't got any details wrong etc etc they wont even clarify full name address as i told my dad not to give them any of their details and to let FCS tell them,dad just put phone down because he was to upset, they called again yesterday using the same abusive threatening manner,i am at my wits end as i really don't know what else to do as i am 2hours aways from my parents i really dont want baliffs knocking my my parents door as they are both disabled.
    Any help would be gratefull
    stand76

Re: Financial credit services

Hiya, try not to worry too much over this, it can be sorted.

You should send the harassment letter to FCS (debt templates) and instruct them to correspond by letter only.

Did your parents actually take out this finance? if so what was the date of the last correspondence between your parents and the finance company (apart from the phones calls recently) ????

Comment

I would send the CCA 1974 letter swiftly followed by the Statute Barred letter.

I should think all harassment will stop promptly.

Comment

They cannot send bailiffs for a civil debt unless they have first obtained a court judgment and the alleged debtor has failed to make any payments according to the judgment.

I concur with the posts above, send the Statute Barred letter, which can be found here. Statute Barred Debt

Comment

well according to mum, when she look through her old paperwork cos she never throws anything away,this finance she think's might be the one FCS are talking about was may 2002,someone used to come to the door on behalf of littlewoods extra or littlewoods direct and collect payment once a week,but it suddenly just stopped mum said she tired getting intouch but no rely now after all these years according to FCS they brought littlewoods debts so now its there debt to recover,but i honestly dont think they have my parents address cos why havent my folks had a letter through like they say.I told my dad if they call again to get there address if possible and to ask nicley to comfirm that they have the right address for them but last time they was just so nasty all they keep saying is we dont get these things wrong and that my parents was lieing about recieving these so called letters

Comment

a request for the original credit agreement is in order here. Look in the templates library and amend to suit your situation.
            This will give them an amount of time to present it to your parents. A copy of the assignment is also required. (proof that they own the debt in question)

Comment

Stand, use the letter I sent you.

Comment

Also if possible, I know it isn`t always, try to record the names,dates,times and conversation each time they telephone you . If you have no means of voice recording take notes with good old pen and paper. You will then have a record of events should you make a complaint of telephone harassment.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X