• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Catalouge charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalouge charges

Hi when I was 17 I opened about 5 catalouges paid them regularly I then split with my partner at the time I left the house because of domestic violence and was to scared to go and get the items I purchased through the catalouges. When I left with my young daughter I was left with the debt I came into about £900 (refunded tax credit) and paid large sums to try clear them and got the down to I think thehighest was £124then I was in major financial diff alto and living at my parent house which hadno kitchen ect I tried contacting the, to stop charges but they didn't listen the continued to charge me and me being young just tried to ignore it anyway now I'm 24 I was left with 4 defaults from the catalouges and amounts from £300 upwards of charges one was £23 and by the time they defaulted it was £336 I was wondering if i couldwipe the debt and defaults askt was charges or claim the charges back and remove the defaults as I was in a bad place and I did get them down and before was paying regularly.
    thanks for any hhelp and who do I contact on my credit file there all under shop direct and don't have any old account number?
    Tags: None

Re: Catalouge charges

Can anyone under 18 open a catalogue account if not is this all non enforceable ?

Comment

Persons ages between 14 and 18 can open a credit account with an adult acting as guarantor.
      Whilst you can't be held to a contract effected whilst under 18, you are responsible for debts for things like food, clothing & shelter.

If you were under 18, and sent material inviting you to buy on credit, then I believe the sender was guilty of a criminal offence (but I would need to check that out and find the legislation)

If nobody else comes along I'd advise visiting CAB and asking for their best debt adviser.

Comment

I to would offer that advice To the OP go for the advice don't sit there thinking and worrying

Comment

Chanteleeee - did you take out the credit only in your name, or did you have an adult who said they'd gaurantee repayment if you didn't make payments?

Did you tell the truth on the application form?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X