• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Catalogue account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalogue account

Does anyone know the answer to this. In November I settled a catalogue account. Then a couple of months ago I received a letter to say due to a computer glitch they have realised they didn't lift my October payment and therefore I owe this to them. I would have thought the account should have been closed after settling. Do I have to pay this? I would have thought not since its their mistake.

any advice welcome!
    Tags: None

Re: Catalogue account

Did you pay the full balance shewn on the November statement?

Comment

I rang them up and asked for a settlement figure which I paid. They then sent me a letter saying account paid.

Comment

Was payment previously made by direct debit or by a Continuous Payment Authority on a credit or debit card?

Have you revoked that payment authorisation with the bank or card provider?

Was money taken from your bank or credit card account by the catalogue firm in October - and which wunch of bankers are they?

Comment

It was by standing order every month. They are right in sayin there was no payment made to them in oct as I looked through my bank statement. I think there was insufficient funds at the time. I have a note of the name of the persom who took m call when i settled the account and also the payment ref no. It was reliable collections.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X