• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JD Williams Catalogue Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD Williams Catalogue Group

Hi All,

This is just an enquiry...

Does anyone know of the JD Williams catalogue group?

If so, what are they like and I seem to getting alot of mixed messages about them...

Is is true that they charge you £12 admin fee per month?

Not talking about late fee as I know most companies charge a late fee of £12...

Any info, will be truly grateful.

Tya
    Tags: None

Re: JD Williams Catalogue Group

Here you are Tya:

JD Williams | The plus size clothing and footwear catalogue that offers perfect fitting ladies clothes | J D Williams

The £12 payment is each time they have to send you a letter for a missed payment.

Comment

Thanks Casper. x

Comment

Hi All,

I found this link in regards to JD williams catalogue as someone has done a review.

It mentions being charged £12 a month for the privilege, is that right or legal?

Casper, I know you showed me a link to the JD williams site, but was just wondering if anyone here uses this group?

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/offline-shop...liams/1385301/

Comment

JD williams need to read up on a section of the law ''harassment of a debtor'' after relentless calls and conversations to clarify my situation they continue to interrupt me everyday dozens of times which shows a sign of unskilled uneducated minimum waged Manchester scum with nothing better to do with their time and the job could not be more uninteresting and ill-disciplined. How many times....unexpected business closure therefore......I am dealing with insolvency practitioners they have contacted you that is what I have paid them to do you are a mere creditor out of 11 others but yet the only creditor that reminds people like they are some sort of complete and utter idiots that money is outstanding - how about I turn this around and take you to court JD WILLIAMS for breaking the law and in BREECH of my bankruptcy petition ????? pointless waste of everybody's time what you are doing you are achieving NOTHING and to be honest who in their right mind is going to use you after the exposure of you on all these threads to this website consumer-group???????????? making out your all account managers and ringing trying to fool people from mobile numbers who the hell do you actually think you are ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Tya View Post
            Casper, I know you showed me a link to the JD williams site, but was just wondering if anyone here uses this group?
            With their interest rates and charges, one might expect that nobody with any sense would use them, but I dare say they might be satisfactory if one paid the account promptly.

They are, however, hardly inexpensive whilst their best quality appears merely to be adequate.
            Last edited by CleverClogs; 13th July 2011, 22:46:PM.

Comment

Have a read here Tya

Tools vs Simply Be / Shoe Tailor / JD Williams / Candid Collections - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: after author

Originally posted by qrst360
                after author than ten years, the geography of the Voiced Royalty, and then obtained a substantial processing. The covered irrigate lake starts of the elemental discipline.
                Was that even supposed to make any sense?

Comment

J D Williams and their associated debt collection agency crack me up.

I owed them £206 after I bought goods from them some years ago, I lost my job and they were no longer a prioty debt. Having moved house twice since then, got a new job and things were starting to look better for me I contacted them to say I would be able to pay the debt off in seven days time and can I have their bank details and reference number etc to enable me to do this. The aggression that I encountered on the phone was suprising. There I was saying "Look, I want to pay this, can you help me?" was met with "You have to pay this right now, this minute. It has gone to doorstep collection. You have to pay this now." I pointed out that they do not know where I live and reminded them that it was me contacting them for a change. Anyway, as a result of their attitude the debt remains unpaid.
                  I had a similar situation with Robinson Way, also for a small amount. They were fine, told me their bank details and told me that my credit file would be ammended within 28 days.

Perhaps J D Williams should review their policies and employ people who have the skills to deal with people that do want to work at paying off their debts.

Comment

Perhaps you should send the oafs this:

Dear Sir,

Since my financial situation has stabilised, it has become my custom to put the names of my alleged creditors into a hat, from which I will draw two slips of paper each month for the first choice and second choice of alleged debts I wish to pay.

In the past, I have experienced few problems with this system and the first choice of alleged creditor has provided me with sufficient information to allow me to clear the account that month.

However, when I telephoned your company to pass on the good news that J. D. Williams had come out as first choice in this month's draw, I was confronted by an abusive call centre monkey who started to make rather unpleasant threats about doorstep collections and such like. As your company does not have the least idea of where I now live, those threats were quite meaningless but, as a result of the response I received, this month's winner will go to the second choice slip.

Until I receive a formal and contrite apology, together with details of how your company has disciplined the employee to whom I spoke, your company will not even be considered for any more monthly draws.

Yours Faithfully, etc.

Comment

I recieved a letter from the Lewis Group acting on behalf of JD Williams for a catalogue debt that is from 2002. The original debt was £90 for a mobile phone. I have moved house twice but have always been on the ER. They say they have tried contacting me at a previous address but wont name that address which i find suspicious. Anyway the debt is now £720!!.I am on benefits JSA and have over £7,000 debt in total. My DP is less than £50 per month so I applied for a Debt Releif order cost £90 non refundable whether you are accepted or not. I was so The LG can swing for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by MASSONIX View Post
                        I recieved a letter from the Lewis Group acting on behalf of JD Williams for a catalogue debt that is from 2002. The original debt was £90 for a mobile phone. I have moved house twice but have always been on the ER. They say they have tried contacting me at a previous address but wont name that address which i find suspicious. Anyway the debt is now £720!!.I am on benefits JSA and have over £7,000 debt in total. My DP is less than £50 per month so I applied for a Debt Releif order cost £90 non refundable whether you are accepted or not. I was so The LG can swing for their money.
                        No, that isn't right - you don't know how well they can swing.

If you have neither paid anything nor acknowledged the alleged debt in writing for at least six years, the alleged debt is statute barred by section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 (link) and, regardless of their skill at brachiation, will not be enforceable by law.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X