• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Luggerbugs needs help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggerbugs needs help

Hi folks

needing some help in drafting a template "I've already told you my wife has died, now feckoff" letter.

No, it isn't Mrs LB, but I need to make sure I don't offer one of my friends any duff advice.

Scottish resident, debts in wife's name only.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Re: Luggerbugs needs help

In all honesty, if they are still making demands despite being told of this fact then a report to TS and possible the Police might be a better and more fulfilling way to go..

Comment

That's something for the future CB. Funeral's not until Monday, so he's in no fit state for that sort of thing just yet.
      My Blog

Comment

No worries buddy.

So, usual Q's really who's the DCA and the OC and how much do you want to kick them in the danglers ?

Comment

What I really need to know is, would they be within their rights to demand a copy of the death certificate before ceasing collection activity?

Reason things in arrears is, diagnosed with cancer in May, and obviously they had other things on their mind, than making sure catalogues got paid from thereon.

I'm already aware that a simple, "What feckin agreement" letter would be ample in normal circumstances, but that wouldn't solve the issue as they would still keep calling, adding to his misery.

He was all for telling them to send a balance and he'll sort it later, but as at least one company has been twattish, I don't see why he should pay a bean.

Just poxy home shopping shoite.
          My Blog

Comment

They might ask for the cert, but I doubt it, especially if the letter is strong enough.

Have they already been informed of the circumstances ?

Comment

Aye, but wanted proof. I wanted to be premeptive though, to try and stop calls before they start, with anybody else that might creep out of the woodwork.

And amend as needed for muppets who won't be told.
              My Blog

Comment

Sending a copy of the cert will completely finish this for good.
                Is that possible ?

Comment

Might have been if they were being reasonable, but he now possess 2 phones out of 3, if you get my drift. Can't say as I blame him for getting annoyed.
                  My Blog

Comment

I hear what you are saying.

So Sapphire, what's your take as I see you lurking down there..

Comment

Hi Lugger, you should check for PPI too, they often just put it on the accounts after a phone call. I know the debt will be more than likely written off but if there is PPI on the account that could shut em up.

Comment

Hiya Lugger hunny (((((Hugs)))))) and Kisses, sorry to hear about your friends bereavement.

When my mum passed away a couple of years ago, she had some stuff outstanding and all I had to do was send an original copy of the death certificate (with a note asking for an immediate return), and the majority wrote back saying that the debt was now finished.

The only one was a RBS Credit Card of which I negotiated a full and final settlement figure and duly paid off.

I'd also enclose a copy of the Telephone Harassment letter with an added paragraph about the bereavement.

Mind you I'm in England so it might work differently down here.

But hey we don't need to tell you that, oh great and wondrous one msl:

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                          I hear what you are saying.

So Sapphire, what's your take as I see you lurking down there..
                          I can't answer that for fear of incriminating myself lol.

Comment

Cheers folks

Don't think he needs to be worrying about PPI etc. All he really wants is for this eejit (and perhaps others later on) to just accept the fact that their calls are unneccesary and distressing.

I think what I'll do is just draft something along the lines of, Ta very much for your call, but I'd very much appreciate if you would cease all collection activity on this account as my wife ha now passed on. Failure to concede to this reasonable request will leave me with no option but to refer all further contact to TS, the OFT (and whoever the feck else I can think of)

Sound OK? Roughly? I'm not even going to bother with harrassment letters etc. I just thought to go directrly from Mr Nice to Mr Angry.
                            My Blog

Comment

Looking forward to watching this thread, remember to post up all letters and replies please, you know how we enjoy reading them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X