• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very to Lowell.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very to Lowell.

Afternoon.
    My sons Very.co.uk debt of £800 has been passed/sold to Lowell.

Lowell have now sent their first demand for payment/arrangement but to a totally different address where he or us his family has never lived. We got the letter delivered where we do live as the postman knows us and used his common sense as the 2 addresses are nearby but 2 totally different properties.

My son does owe the money apparently but I did wonder about them sending their demand to the wrong address as we do not know the occupiers there or them us.

Obviously I am not going to tell Lowell.

Many thanks in advance for any forthcoming advice.

Pie.
    Tags: None

Has Lowell sent all letters to the incorrect address? You should have received an assignment notice letter first of all.
    What year was the Very account opened?
    What were the reasons for default? What address was he at when the account was operating?
    The wrong address is proof of poor tracing by Lowell, but in a way it is better to know what they are up to rather than being totally in the dark. Presumably your son does not want a court judgment against him; which would sit on his file for six years.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you for replying.

Can a CCJ be granted if they've been sending documents to the wrong address. An address that he's never lived at and doesn't live at now. He/We have no connection to the address at all

I think he opened the account whilst living here with his family about 2 years ago and stopped paying when he lost his jobs. He works now.

Comment

He received no assignment notice beforehand just a normal bill now I should add.

Comment

they lowells try that as no response they apply and get automatic CCJ against a person,

Comment

Yes unfortunately CCJ's are awarded against people all the time for wrong addresses. It is not uncommon for people to be totally unaware of a CCJ until they try to get credit.
            For such a recently opened Very account, Lowell will very likely have all the necessary documents to hand, so it will be risky to ignore them. As it was a temporary blip in his income, could he not get an affordable payment plan set up with Lowell now things are improving? Even if its just a small amount monthly it will get the debt repaid and protect his credit file.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yes I've suggested a payment plan to him also Celestine I was just concerned why they have a totally different address for him. Thanks for advice all.

Comment

I posted this same problem a short time ago, letters to the wrong address, then CCJ, granted, low and behold Court papers sent to correct address, seems a regular occurrence.

Comment

It is a very regular occurrence sadly and with it costing £255 to apply to set aside such mistaken judgments it is a very unfair situation. Debt companies employ dozens of tracing agents who use electoral rolls, credit files and social media to track down debtors, sometimes with very poor results. Thank goodness your postman is helpful and smart, he just saved your son a huge headache. Good luck!

Comment

Judges should refuse a CCJ if papers ain't served to the correct address but we like to think that we brought him up well and that he must pay his debt.

Comment

I suspect they've inserted our postcode then house number and it's thrown up a completely different address which it sometimes does according to certain address databases. Thanks Celestine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X