• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Saving on bills etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saving on bills etc

Good luck Marshallka.
    Hope this gets sorted out for you.

I forgot to add the coalhouse/utility room, that one does not have a radiator, and we do not use the one in the kitchen either.

Its certainly getting colder, and we have no cavity on these houses either.
    Last edited by di30; 26th October 2010, 19:59:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Good luck Marshallka.
      Hope this gets sorted out for you.

I forgot to add the coalhouse/utility room, that one does not have a radiator, and we do not use the one in the kitchen either.

Its certainly getting colder, and we have no cavity on these houses either.
      Its all worked out now. I have had it explained to me on MSE that my new meter measure different to my old one and its about 3 times more (exactly as i had worked out) but works the same in Kilowatt hours. The old one measured in hundreds of cubic feet and my new one cubic metres.

I am so pleased, I cannot thank the person who explained it enough and checked back on my bills and its correct.... put my mind at rest cause we are blummin sittin here freezing...lol

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
        Its all worked out now. I have had it explained to me on MSE that my new meter measure different to my old one and its about 3 times more (exactly as i had worked out) but works the same in Kilowatt hours. The old one measured in hundreds of cubic feet and my new one cubic metres.

I am so pleased, I cannot thank the person who explained it enough and checked back on my bills and its correct.... put my mind at rest cause we are blummin sittin here freezing...lol
        Great.

Well I haven't the foggiest on how this works out tbh, but i remember our last house it was so damp, i would be wearing Scooby's (hubbys) floatation suit lol.

Comment

Great.

Well I haven't the foggiest on how this works out tbh, but i remember our last house it was so damp, i would be wearing Scooby's (hubbys) floatation suit lol.
          Oh we are not that bad off Di and I can't see my breathe... (could when i was a kid though and still lived to tell the tale lol) but I am trying to economise on things like this. I have put it back on again now.... just before bed but its my age there... freezing when i get in and then sweating and uncomfortable .... I cannot win. My poor hubby.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
            Oh we are not that bad off Di and I can't see my breathe... (could when i was a kid though and still lived to tell the tale lol) but I am trying to economise on things like this. I have put it back on again now.... just before bed but its my age there... freezing when i get in and then sweating and uncomfortable .... I cannot win. My poor hubby.

Cheers

LOL, i feel the cold, and people say there is something wrong with me, and i must agree Scooby does complain, but yet i can't blame him, if he's in bed from working a night shift, I have to turn it off in the bedroom.

XX

Comment

LOL, i feel the cold, and people say there is something wrong with me, and i must agree Scooby does complain, but yet i can't blame him, if he's in bed from working a night shift, I have to turn it off in the bedroom.

XX
              I have my window in the bedroom locked open (just slightly) cause we have had a condensation problem so bad BUT we have had a thing fitted for it (ventilation unit in the loft) and also repointed lots of the wall this year and must admit so far (even without running a dehumidifier for the 1st year ever) we have not had ANY condensation..... My clothes are dry in my wardrobe and my daughter has not got black mould in her bedroom so fingers crossed all our hard work has paid off. This is the first year we have ever been dry in here. Its fab being able to go to get my clothes and the ones at the back are not damp... its been hell. We had the soffits and facias ripped off and new ones put up with reallly good vents in cause although we thought we had damp we were actually that snug with having cavity wall etc the house could not breathe... its the first year though so just pray it works. Like I say, so far so good.

Comment

That's good news Marshallka and the all the best too.

My last house, lots had to go out, we were end house and the cavity was breaking down, all my wardrobes and majority of the clothes had to go, bedding, that was when we lived in a council property, we had to keep on to get it done, and i remember they awarded us a few hundred to replace damage items, they finally got the job done when we moved out.

Fingers crossed for a warmer home. XX

Comment

looks like my scrooginess on the gas and electricity has paid off. Notwithstanding the fact that BG have cocked up and taken an extra £72 today, which I have got refunded via the DD indemnity, I was actually 44 in credit with the gas and 72 in credit with electricity. BG, in their wisdom, however, had not seen fit to tell me this, and have instead lowered my monthly payments. I have told them that they can let the gas stand, (its lowered my payment by about 13 quid a month) however with the electric I would rather carry on paying my normal payment and have the £72 back now, thank you very much. So it is being sent to our bank by BACS and should be there within 5 days.

Result:2w32gd1:
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Nice one Wends x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X