• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2010 - £2 coin and small change savers club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 - £2 coin and small change savers club

Some of my savings helped me pay a credit card bill. Currently got about £20 in change but not yet sure what I am doing with it.......
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thats fab Natts, well worth doing isn't it.

Comment

Hiya

The Crispybacon clan have been saving £1 coins and change over the year and opened this up last week for a total of £70 for Christmas food goodies this year!

Crispy

Comment

Fab CB that should make for a very jolly time, well done hun.

Comment

Thanks Sapphire!

Got time off over the holiday too (first time in a couple of years) so looking forward to a nice break and having time with the family. The £1 jar tally topped off a real positive turn to the end of the year for us.

Best

Crispy

Comment

slightly off topic but Co-Op are doing saving stamps so that you can buy your Christmas shopping, and I know Tesco does cos my mum does that(and I never go hungry at christmas, )
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

not doing too well but saying that I have twice had to cash in my coins and both times was £20 was a must as was strapped for cash at the time, but will keep on trying.

SLxxx
                Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

You and me both SL, I've got up to about 30 quid on a couple of occasions but raided them when i was skint. But look on the bright side, if we hadn't saved it in the first place it wouldn't have been there to raid would it? What's the point of a rainy day fund if you don't use it when it's trashing down??
                  Is no longer here

Comment

A couple of years ago i was given a ceramic savings jar, (only way to get anything out is to break it). We have been putting £2 coins in it. We finally filled it and broke it open this week. £840. And yes I was very surprised. It's going on a holiday next year.

Oh and I've gone and bought another ceramic jar. The fact that you need to break it to get anything out was great, it stopped me raiding it. Oh and the fuller it got, the more obsessive we got about saving £2 coins.

Comment

Since the beginning of the year, I have been buying a couple of £1 Tesco savings stamps a week. Hopefully, when it comes to the Christmas shop it will cover the food. The only thing is that is easy to use them if the need arises before Christmas. I've given a completed card before to someone who was hard up for food, so they're quite useful in that sense.

Comment

Wow! this is a great idea. I'll start doing this too.

Comment

If you enjoy collecting coins, then perhaps this hobby can bring you a lot of money in the future. I am not a numismatist, but I know that the value of collectible coins is growing higher and higher every year. If you don't have enough money to buy rare collectible coins yet, then you could buy investment coins from precious metals. I just recently read the article "Why You Should Invest In Gold Now" and the arguments in it seemed to me convincing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X