• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2010 - £2 coin and small change savers club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 - £2 coin and small change savers club

Well peeps its a new year and time to start the 'jars' off again.

Sign up everyone, tell us what your saving for, and maybe give a target, and lets see how we all get on.

If you're falling by the wayside, tempted to dip into it or whatever tell us here and we can all support each other along the way.

Right I'll start .....

This year I am saving my £2 coins and small change for a either
    a) spending money on the after Christmas holiday I am trying to get my OH to agree to me booking up NOW! or
    b) buying something nice for the house.

Re: 2010 - £2 coin and small change savers club

I'm in!

Not sure what to save for yet though - possibly a nice break for us all in the summer.

Gonna try and find a large jar that is impossible to dip into - any ideas on where to get one of these vessels?? and save the money that I would normally spend on ciggies.

Glo x
    In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

I will save all our small change and at the end of the month change it for savings stamps at Morrisons.

Comment

Ill join, what the Hell!! erm, have no idea what i'll save for but i'll start next week!

Lumi x
        Luminol x

Comment

I'm in again. Not that I got very far last year but already have over 20 quid so far this year :grin: Can't afford to save £2 coins but am saving smal change and any tips and small wins I get at the bookies.
          Is no longer here

Comment

What you saving up for this time Wends ? If its a holiday then you could always go in the travel agents and swap it for travel vouchers so you can't spend it. Or Debenhams vouchers and so on.

Comment

Saving for next Crimbo to make sure I'm not as skint as I was this Crimbo. That's unless things take priority, like the lorry MOT, that's due in March and it cost 850 quid last year! Don't think I'll have that much saved by then though lol. Then there's always unimportant, menal things like eating, and living, pmsl.

Oh yeah and BG condemned my washing machine today, it's apparently beyond redemption..........
              Is no longer here

Comment

I'm in... my littlest is 13 years old this April and we've never had a holiday together which breaks my heart. So, don't know how we're gonna do it, but my goal is to save enough to get a week away in the sun somewhere, maybe for summer next year (unless by some miracle my bank refunds some of my charges or even all... wishful thinking but hey, we'll see:HOXmasFelf007 lol Dreams are so cool; you can have parties in your head, go where you want, when you want, you don't even have to be in REM.... (:_thedoctor__by_GuyF so, this year is about putting the dream into something real; or at least on the road to get there. Yup. CatXXX

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

If you don't mind where you go, you can take a look on http://www.teletextholidays put in the date you want to travel, click on bestsellers and select loads of options ie 2,3,4,5 *, full board, all inclusive etc.
                  If its cheap your looking for I'd click on 'Bestsellers', a lower star rating and All Inclusive, I bet you'll get a very reasonably priced week away in the sun and if you go All Inclusive you won't have to worry about forking out for food/drinks etc whilst away.

Comment

I'm in with the small change. I've already started [the jar I was saving in last year, but didn't get too far! lol]. I've got about 8 quid in it already, since Christmas, and I'm saving for Christmas again. Unless, like Wendy, something urgent comes up!

Comment

Okies peeps, how are we all doing ?

My update is that we are still plugging away.

Comment

Should just say that since saffy started this thread, I have been keeping the small change stuff as well albeit I keep 1p, 2p, 10p, and 20p rather than the 2quid ones. Will try and keep a proper total on this and see how I get on.

Comment

Nice one Natts, have you an idea what you going to save for hun ?

Comment

Yes to pay off my existing personal loan. I have calculated that if there is no major issues that I will be able to reach that target by the end of the year.
                            I continue to monitor that goal and I am hoping to be debt free in 2011(which means no loan, no balance on credit cards, and no use of the overdraft either. I hope and expect to achieve this as this is my short term goal.

Comment

Just a little bump to see how everyone has got on this year with the 'savings'.

Our gallon vodka bottle around a third full now with change from 20p's downwards. I've had to empty our little postbox savings box for our £2 coins a couple of times now and have quite a bit stashed away ready to be counted and bagged up after crimbo.

Its very tempting to use it but we're being determined not to touch it yet and get something for the house in the Jan sales or put it towards getting away for some sun in Jan.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X