• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wednesday March 11th 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday March 11th 2009

2009 Campaign theme

No Smoking Day 2009 takes place on Wednesday 11th March.
    As the impact of the credit crunch starts to bite, many families are feeling the pinch. And for smokers, many of whom spend over £2000 a year on cigarettes, it’s particularly tough.
    It’s no surprise then, that surveys show most would like to quit – and No Smoking Day is here to make sure they stand the best possible chance of success.
    This year’s theme has been developed with smokers themselves, with lots of involvement from our local organisers. It’s a striking image that tells its own story, but the strapline - take the first step - is also an invitation to use No Smoking Day to make a lifelong change. It’s a reminder that quitting requires commitment and planning, and we’re working more closely than ever with stop smoking services and others that support smokers who want to stop.
    No Smoking Day 2008 saw 1.2 million smokers kick the habit, and we’re expecting even more to take part on 11 March 2009.
    Whatever you’re planning for No Smoking Day, we’re confident you’ll find all the merchandise, literature, ideas and downloads you need right here.
    And don’t forget to sign up for our e-newsletter to make sure you stay up to speed with all the latest developments and partnerships in the countdown to No Smoking Day 2009.
    No Smoking Day - Take the first step

Re: Wednesday March 11th 2009

I have finally quit... I gave up on 1st Jan, used the ismoke for a month and have not had any nicotine since the 1st of Feb

Not smoking is saving me about £250 a month
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Mocha that is fantastic, keep it up, I am only sorry I ever started.
      For anyone who says they can't (and there is a difference in that and not wanting to), then please try all the aids before you give up the ghost. I tried nearly all that was going and the plastic fag worked for me.
      Be 3 years this April 13th for me and 5years this September for my OH, best thing we ever did.

Comment

Mochamoo

thats fantastic

Well done.

My dad smoked roll ups for about 40 years and then his friend had really bad health problems to do with his circulation caused by smoking and was in hospital for ages. My dad gave up there and then ( hates hospitals) and has not smoked since .I think he has not smoked now for 10 years.
        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          Be 3 years this April 13th for me and 5years this September for my OH, best thing we ever did.

Rofl We quit together 3 years ago....you were slightly more sucessfull than I! 3years later I have finally managed it
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
            Rofl We quit together 3 years ago....you were slightly more sucessfull than I! 3years later I have finally managed it
            Well your a lot younger and the benefits for you will be a lot greater, you just remember that

Comment

I gave up for the third time last July. First time I gave up I was off them for ten years. Then we both gave up and were off them for Mahala's pregnancy and the first two years of Cian's life... and then I started again Nov 2007 and gave up again last July.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever fully shake it off.

Tom
              I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
              Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Les and myself gave up 5 years ago this coming fathers day, I can honestly say its the best thing we've ever done, only one problem I cannot stand the smell of smoke now and hate it when we have to walk through the smokers who congregate outside pubs or restaurants, oh and even worse those people who walk along smoking when your out shopping or whatever.

Yes I am proof that there's nothing worse than a reformed smoker

Comment

What a load of old tosh !

I totally detest the idea !

That is, I totally detest the the idea of NATIONAL NO SMOKING DAY.

If people wish to give up smoking then they need to make that decision and do it themselves, they don't need or want loads of goody goodies telling them what they can and cannot do.

I for one, as usual, will be ignoring NO SMOKING DAY and will probably smoke even more in public than I do normally and particularly as I walk up and down the High Street or stand outside pub or restaurant doors. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post

If people wish to give up smoking then they need to make that decision and do it themselves, they don't need or want loads of goody goodies telling them what they can and cannot do.

I for one, as usual, will be ignoring NO SMOKING DAY and will probably smoke even more in public than I do normally and particularly as I walk up and down the High Street or stand outside pub or restaurant doors. LOL

What a rebellious little puffer you are

Comment

BUMPING

Comment

Well after trying, patches, inhalers, 'the easy way', 'the only way' and finally Paul Mckenna Quit today, I went to Doctors theis morning and have my prescription for Champix so fingers crossed as smoking is really making me ill !!
                        Luminol x

Comment

I only smoke after sex

I'm down to 20 a day now!
                          The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post

STINKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X