• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Poundland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poundland

I know most people have heard of Poundlands, and some of us are regular shoppers there. For those of you who aren't, or who think it's just full of tat, I thought I would give everyone a nudge in the right direction.

Yes, there is a lot of tat. However, there are also some really good buys, which in these credit crunching times, are very useful

Colgate toothpaste, 3 different varieties - 2 for £1
    Cans of pop (fanta, vimto, etc) - 4 for £1
    Dogfood/catfood 3 for £1
    various snacks (Frazzles, Monster Much, Quavers) handy for lunchboxes big packs (9 or 12 packs in large pack) £1
    There are also dishwasher tablets, (I have used them and they are okay)
    Comfort conditioner
    microwave saucepans

and loads and loads of other stuff to be had for £1 or less. Even Typhoo teabags (100). and Nescafe coffee

this can only be good for the weekly budget, so put aside your pride and get down to Poundland.
    Is no longer here

Re: Poundland

nice one but the only thing is my cats wont eat cheap cat food they are so fussy but will give the other stuff a go!

Comment

If youre an ebayer they can also be be a good source of stock.
      You can usually pick things up like multi channel changers, Parker pens etc at a quid each and expect to at least double you money after taking out your postage costs.

If you find what will sell it can be a nice bit of pocket money that will build up slowly.

eg You could buy multi channel changers, those things that control tv, video, dvd, hifi etc for a Quid, stick em on ebay at 4.95 with free post (costs you approx a quid to post) so you make £3 on each one.
      So you turn a tenner into thirty quid, buy some more stock out of the profit, and if you did it every so often it will slowly build up some pocket money.
      just dont go and buy lots and lots of the same thing untill you find the best seller

Comment

nice one but the only thing is my cats wont eat cheap cat food
        They will if they're hungry enough.

There's a credit crunch on and our cat has to make his contribution. If he doesn't like it he's perfectly free to bu**ger off. So far he hasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post

There's a credit crunch on and our cat has to make his contribution. If he doesn't like it he's perfectly free to bu**ger off. So far he hasn't.
          I'm with Michael on this one. Why give the cats a choice, it's not like they can pick their favourite flavours is it? And even if they could, they cannot open the tins without your help.

Cats are despicable animals - the four-legged equivalent of a footballer’s wife; pretty, well groomed and clean but, fundamentally, only after your money.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post

PMSL....I have never understood this crap about family cats/dogs not eating what is put in front of them. Can they read "designer" labels?!

Comment

I know what you are all saying but i bought some cat food for £1 and they did not eat it at all they left it so they must know something we dont. If they did eat it i would buy it especially in these times!

Comment

Originally posted by jules2008 View Post
                I know what you are all saying but i bought some cat food for £1 and they did not eat it at all they left it so they must know something we dont. If they did eat it i would buy it especially in these times!
                Like Michael says they will eat it if they are hungry, if my children don't eat their supper tough..they have it for breakfast....
                Last edited by Xena; 9th January 2009, 00:56:AM.

Comment

i bought some cat food for £1 and they did not eat it at all
                  Well of course they didn't. They're not completely stupid, they knew if they held off for a couple of days you'd soon cave in. Either the cats or you need a good talking to.

Comment

No good for this house then my pussy's not well and the vet has prescribed 'special food' at £41 for a 5kg bag, and as I have 2 pussy's I have to feed both of them it.

75g per cat per day = 150g hmmmmm so how long will a 5kg bag last and what does that work out at, will have to get my calculator out.

Comment

You could rub it into their fur, that way when they wash themselves they will get fed also LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                        ...my pussy's not well and the vet has prescribed 'special food' at £41 for a 5kg bag, and as I have 2 pussy's I have to feed both of them it.
                        Ever thought of the circus?

Comment

You could rub it into their fur, that way when they wash themselves they will get fed also
                          Good idea, I may try that with my kids. at least that way they'll get a nourishing meal once a week

Comment

No good for this house then my pussy's not well and the vet has prescribed 'special food' at £41 for a 5kg bag, and as I have 2 pussy's I have to feed both of them it.

75g per cat per day = 150g hmmmmm so how long will a 5kg bag last and what does that work out at, will have to get my calculator out.
                            Blimey I've just worked it out and it comes to £1.23 per day for two cats, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than 6 or 8 pouches of whiskas a day plus Go Cat buscuit.

Comment

"Special food" eh? Probably also purchased from the vet.

Many vets receive very little in the way of formal impartial scientific training in feline nutrition. However, what they do learn comes from the pet food industry, which also supplies them with free pet food. Marketing plans are directed at vets to encourage a lifetime of feeding particular "special" cat food. Cats are obligate carnivores, no vet would dispute that, so how is it that most vets prescribe and sell only "special" dry cat food?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X