• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sky TV - save money for a couple of months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky TV - save money for a couple of months

This is probably a bit naughty, but legal.

Every year, when the football season is finished, I downgrade my Sky to the basic package. Saves about £20 per month for a few months.

Anyway, last month, feeling the pinch, decided to cancel it again, although the footie season is still going strong. Rang up Sky and asked them to downgrade me to basic subscription. When asked why, told them that a) my team weren't scheduled to be on for the next couple of months and b) I was skint and could no longer afford it. So then the lovely person ofered me the same package as I'd already got (£38) for £25 for the next 3 months. A saving of £13 per month, for only a fiver more than the basic was going to cost. RESULT. The extra bonus was that because my payment had already gone out of the bank for that month, this months payment was only £11. In effect 27 less than usual.

I know its not much but it all helps. So the chances are that if you ring and ask to cancel, or downgrade, they will offer you either reduced subscriptions or a freebie.
    Is no longer here

Re: Sky TV - save money for a couple of months

can l just say that ive sky /talk/broadband and rang up early dec and asked if l could get sky + for £49 she said she could do lt for £ 109 , too much l said but she then offered free line rental on talk for 1 yr saving £120 and on sky connect just £7pm instead of 17 THEN.. said she could do sky + after all 49 squids + free install
    just ring + ask but be friendly + polite have a laugh with them , the lady l spoke to had dogs and we chatted for ages !!

call center work is difficult enough [l do it l know ] be nice , attitude goes down like a bag of poo !!! and you get nowt for it :grinningelf::grinningelf:
    im going kicking and screaming all the way

Comment

A couple of times over the last 5 yrs Ive been unable to afford sky anymore and Ive called up to cancel, and each time they have left me with the same package but at the reduce rate for three months to see how it goes! At the moment I am paying £12 per month for the entire HD package which should be closer to £50 a month.

I like Sky they are nearly always polite and would rather they kept you as a customer at a cheaper rate for awhile rather than loose you all together.
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

That weird my next door neighbour who is already a sky (multiroom) customer, called up the other day and spoke to someone in far off climes. She wanted to upgrade to Sky + and was told that she would have to pay £250. To which she said a very polite but firm 'no thank-you', they guy in India said he would call her today to see if she had changed her mind.

Hmmmm me thinks she needs to go back and do some negotiating.

Comment

What she needs to do is get through to the bods in Scotland, they are usually quite good. If that fails, tell her to get through to the cancellations team, tell them she is cancelling everything because she has been a loyal customer and finds it absolutley incredible that she gets a far worse deal than new customers, where is Sky's loyalty to their customers blah blah blah, cancel everything blah blah,,,,and so on. They are bound to offer her this months freebie or special" please don't cancel we'll give you a HD box for 50 quid" or whatever this months "don't cancel" incentive happens to be. At which point she can say "well I don't want that but what can you do on the Sky+ front.?"
          Friend of mine recently got Sky+ and installation for free, after I'd told her to ring and say they were cancelling.
          Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X