• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barclays claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barclays claim

Barclays said they would consider repaying £132 and get back to me but didnt...should I send the LBA now and hope they pay up? As my feeling is they probably wont. Anyone else had experience of this stage or just been paid out without a fuss.

Hi Xanadoo,

If you have sent the prelim letters adn they have not repaid the amounts required then it is important to send the LBA giving them the appropriate deadline.

Cheers

BB

PS, I say your post on Nicklowe's thread and just want to say that he is overseas for a while so probably won't be able to respond.

Comment

Keep on top of them and meet your deadlines if possible, is this amount the total of your claim or a partial settlement?

Comment

The Woolwich are very slow, very, very slow.

If your deadline is up, send the next letter.

You have to send the LBA before you start proceedings, but you're right, they probably will not pay up. They will, however, have to take notice, when you sue them - so don't panic. You will get all monies owed to you if you follow the procedure correctly.

Comment

just saving up for the Court fees

Comment

Go for it!!
            Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by xanadoo View Post
              just saving up for the Court fees
              Morning Xanadoo

Have you checked to see whether youre exempt from paying fees?
              If not, why not spend the time drafting up you Particualrs of Claim adn reading about the court process and maybe read up on the Allocation questionaire.
              You dont say whether youre going to use MCOl or the N1 form.
              Personally i prefer the N1 form as you get put more detail onto it as well as attaching your schedule of charges, which is very often overlooked when using MCOL.

Anyway Good luck and your in safe hands on Leagl Beagles, so just shout if you need any help with your court docs.

Bob along to the Lamp post for a chat every now and then

Paul

Comment

I think a lot of the banks are relying on people not claiming back the small amounts - as most people dont think its worth the hassle filing a claim with the courts for money under £500.

But think about how many people are claiming under £500 and then it works out absolutly millions for the banks - that coupled with partial offers as well and you start to see the picture!!!!

Ive done all my big claims now - now Im after the smaller pots - however that said, they all amount to just over £1000 which for me is a nice start to a savings pot!

A trick Ive tried which worked with HSBC, was this I sent them a copy of my completed N1 forms, with a covering letter saying something like:-

As per my previous letter I am now registering my claim with the courts, on XX/XX/XX (I gave them a date exactly 1 week later). Please find enclosed N1 papers, of which you will receive your notice of issue within the next few days directly from the court.

It was a bit better worded than that but you get the drift. HSBC sent me an offer letter by return of post. So I guess if youve taken the trouble to complete the N1 forms, the banks must feel you going to go through with it.

But its upto you - though!

Comment

Good Idea Scarlet,

I suppose its exactly waht a lot of DCAs do the scare people into paying

Comment

Hee Hee - well like I said it worked on HSBC - and heck, you gotta fill out the form anyway?!? so aside from the stamp what have you got to lose.

I sent them the letter on the day the 14 days would have been up - and in the first instance it was because I just didnt have the cash (week before pay day) to file on the day.

If you want to see my letter let me know!!

Comment

Slap in the LBA when your ready, don't be put of by their attemps to blag you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X