• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC 2nd Round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC 2nd Round

Here we go!!!

Im at the Court stage of my second claim against HSBC.

They have choosen to ignore both my letters up to this point.

Slightly nervous as this is my main running account and I have built up a number of services (OD, Cheque Card etc etc) rather than my 2 para accounts which I was only given a blooming basic!!

I hoping that the fact I have a large loan with them which is completely up to date - is a good enough incentive for them not to request closure of my account!!!

Fingers crossed!

Just thought I would pop this up for info. (or to get it off my chest)

My HSBC Credit Card has gone £52 over its limit.

This is due to a late payment charge from last month plus interest costs.

Now in comparision to the limit of this card £52 is tiny.

So can anyone tell me why I received an average of 5 calls per day, with todays total being 7 starting from 8:05 this morning!!

Each time they call I tell them to stop phoning as for the best part I can not deal with the call at that moment.

If Im honest I'd love to pay the balence of £52 but as my Current account is overdrawn due to £1000 worth of charges being leived and counting up more daily - I have no way of transferring any money across to the card.

Im sick to death of it now - I can indentify their number from caller ID.

Its like these morrons have a computer chip in their brains, because despite saying go away - they always always respond with - can you just confirm your password or how are you going to make payment today!!

GRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Harrassment letter to HSBC maybe in order and keep a log of the calls and the numbers they are from. You may find that you have a case for harrassment but evidence is required.

Comment

Harrassment letter sent - reply saying they are complying with Guidelines etc etc - which I find hard to beleive. Anyway they have agreed to stop contacting us by phone so at least theres some respite.

Had offer from them on day I was due to file with court - £742, which is some £500 short and Barely covers the amount the account has gone over drawn since they started snowballing my charges.

Its getting really hard to see any end to this as they are applying charges all over the place now this month alone £400 - and we not even using the account!!!!!

And like so many other people Im stuck as to how to pay my loan & credit card as if I put my money into my account is going to get eaten up with the charges overdraft.

Ive sent them a letter back rejecting offer, which they should have got last Weds as yet heard nothing so I better Bite the bullet and hot foot it to the courts.

They stupid really because they keep applying charges so by the time I get this lot back Im going to owe them even more, then a new claim and so on and so on......

Anybody else had this happen?

Comment

Well nothing from these peeps - which is a shame as I was hoping to just this account settled as they have done in the past, so I can continue to run it effectively.

At the end of the day I rather liked banking with HSBC its a shame they got so greedy.

In the meantime I have wrote to them regarding the Credit Card Payments and Loan repayments, pointing out along the way that in this month alone the charges applied would have covered their required repayments and any attempt to register the adverse credit markers will be met with a further claim, as it is a direct result of their charges I have not been able to pay etc etc

In fairness its purely down to the fact with all the problems Ive got going on in work and due to them with-holding money I havent had the spare cash to register with a court.

But hey it never rains but it pours!!

Comment

Scarlet, sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Keep smiling through, you've faced worse before and won...you will get there hun xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X