• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN

Hi all,

I have seen some really good advice on here so thought I would see if I could get any help.

I have received one of these PCN's from our friends at Parking Eye as the registered keeper of a vehicle although I wasnt the driver in question when the PCN was incurred I have informed them of this and now they are trying to recover the monies from myself. Is there anything I can do to avoid this, if so how? Or should I just pay???

Re: Parking Eye PCN

Name the driver and the liability passes from you. Seriously though, appeal to PE saying the signs were not clear, they are not the landowners and cannot claim money from you. Demand a POPLA code if they reject your appeal.

THEN go to town with the POPLA appeal. You should be able to win that one with a little help from here and elsewhere.

Some light reading for you at this website. There are others.

Comment

What date was the 28 days parking eye allow for an appeal ?

If not yet past then appeal to parking eye and go to popla if they reject it.

If the 28 days has past then send them the name and address of the driver to parking eye which extinguishes keeper liability and gives the driver the opportunity to appeal to parking eye and go to popla if they reject it.

A popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter will see them off. It has produced quite a few wins http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

M1

Comment

Thanks for the help.

At the moment I am currently going through a challenge with PE trying to get them to reject the appeal but they have not as yet they are merely asking for the drivers name and address which I do not know. I have challenged their grounds to pass the charge on to myself as the registered keeper as it constitutes "contractual law" and I wasn't offered the contract nor accepted it. Not sure if this correct or not?

Comment

The liability can pass to the keeper under schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 providing the requirements are met.

There is no statutory obligation to name the driver and it's best not to most of the time, but not always. As long as you are in the 28 day period just do any old appeal to get the popla code and then go for the win at popla.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X