• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this a marketing e-mail?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a marketing e-mail?

So I have a Nat West current account for which they do not have my permission to send me marketing e-mails.

I was surprised to get this e-mail:

Dear Mr EXC,

Great things happen when you say 'yes'. You go on a date. You move house. You discover a food you love. And now we'd like you to say yes to us.

We'd like to send you emails about things you could be interested in. Things like helpful tools, exciting rewards and latest offers.

At the moment we can't tell you about these things because we don't have permission to send you marketing emails about your banking*.

Stay in the know and simply update your settings in just one click below.

You can always say no later.

My question is: despite their acknowledgement that they know they can't send them to me, is this in itself a marketing e-mail given that it's sent with the primary purpose of trying to sell me stuff?
    Tags: None

Re: Is this a marketing e-mail?

I wouldn't say so I would say it was just a crafty way of getting you to say 'yes' as for the 'you can always say no later' I wouldn't trust em on that bit long as I had hole in me bum lol.

Comment

Nick, can you forward the email to me in full as it actually sounds like a phishing email, I can then check the source code.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

The other thing it could be is a phishing email. Check your anti-virus and get it to scan the email. Also, check with your bank to see if they sent it. If not, it's dodgy and should be deleted asap.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I've had the same. It's not a marketing email, it's an email asking if you want marketing emails. I just binned it

Comment

Sadly..........it`s legit.

However, to turn the tables on them, forward it to phishing@natwest.com.

See if they reply to you lol
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Okie doke.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
                I've had the same. It's not a marketing email, it's an email asking if you want marketing emails. I just binned it

Couldn't resist asking this question: you binned your computer??
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  Couldn't resist asking this question: you binned your computer??
                  Yep, which is why I can't answer you.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    Great things happen when you say 'yes'. . . . . You can always say no later.

My mother taught me to say "No" to strangers :tape: She also explained the dangers of saying "Yes" first and then changing your mind further down the line. If you follow me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X