• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

paying by debit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paying by debit card

On Friday I made a telephone payment via my Debit Card.
    When I checked the on line banking yesterday the sum had still not been taken from the account.
    I was unable to phone them to see if there had been a problem until this evening and was told that as there is "only one card machine in the office" and they would wait until they had several and " process in batches" This means that they could hold onto your card details for several days. Is this normal, it is a bit concerning to say the least, luckily it is from a seperate account but I could have assumed it had been taken and spent some of the remainder.
    Last edited by dogtired; 4th July 2013, 05:15:AM.
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: paying by debit card

The money is now off my balance, must have been taken off over night.
    But could I still complain about this, I know that sometimes you can pay bills via your debit card and make that a regular thing but this was a one off payment.

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Sometimes it takes a few days for the transaction to appear on the account. On my account I look at the amount available and compare it with the balance. If they are different then something is in the pipeline.

Like the other day there was a £1 difference and I knew there was nothing outstanding. It was flippin PayPal. I'd bought something on t'internet and had to pay using Paypal (no choice!). They had collected the sum that was due but left the £1 trial transaction still there. Took a phone call to determine. I hate it when that happens. To my mind it looks as though someone is trying out the account to see if it is worth attacking.

Comment

Yes it has happened especially over the weekend but still does not feel "right" that they kept my card details for four days.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
            Yes it has happened especially over the weekend but still does not feel "right" that they kept my card details for four days.
            Four WORKING DAYS or four STRAIGHT days? If it's the latter, then rail stations do that quite frequently.....
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              Four WORKING DAYS or four STRAIGHT days? If it's the latter, then rail stations do that quite frequently.....
              "working days" I checked in branch and it actually left the account today.
              Maybe getting my self worked up over nothing but it still does not feel "right",

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                "working days" I checked in branch and it actually left the account today.
                Maybe getting my self worked up over nothing but it still does not feel "right",
                To be honest, I think it is fairly trivial imho. However, I would probably use a different company next time
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  To be honest, I think it is fairly trivial imho. However, I would probably use a different company next time
                  That would be difficult as the payment was for our River Tax !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X