• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anyone know what this is please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what this is please?

Not actually sure where to ask this, because it's a question rather than a problem......

Does anyone know exactly what the RBS contingency unit is? I have googled it but none the wiser really. It seems to offer businesses a plan if things go wrong to help them out. If anyone does know exactly what their function is, regarding say (hypothetically speaking of course!) having it show up on your bank statement when you are expecting a payment from somewhere else?

I hope that's not to confusing! I don't want to say too much on a forum.........and get into bother!

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Anyone know what this is please?

I just looked it up it is a section of Royal Bank of Scotland that helps ailing businesses by the looks of it.
    Originally posted by Monzter View Post
    Not actually sure where to ask this, because it's a question rather than a problem......

Does anyone know exactly what the RBS contingency unit is? I have googled it but none the wiser really. It seems to offer businesses a plan if things go wrong to help them out. If anyone does know exactly what their function is, regarding say (hypothetically speaking of course!) having it show up on your bank statement when you are expecting a payment from somewhere else?

I hope that's not to confusing! I don't want to say too much on a forum.........and get into bother!

Thank you

Comment

I think Leclerc will be the one to answer this for you

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post

Thank you
        Unfortunately the question is not a simple one. Are you asking this because you have been paid and it says "RBS Contingency Unit" on the narrative?
        If it is then I have another forum link that has a vague answer which correlates with what tuttsi has said.

Enaid: The longer I am out of RBS the less I will know about them albeit, I do like searching for the answers
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Basically Leclerc, yes that's what has happened. It usually goes in by direct transfer but last two payments have been from RBS contingency unit and I have received a letter from my bank advising me of this, which has never happened before with any payment.

Comment

It may mean that the company that you work for is going through some tough times and have called in the bank to help it through such times.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=697397

The above is the forum where the person asked the exact same thing as you did.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Enaid: The longer I am out of RBS the less I will know about them albeit, I do like searching for the answers.

I know but just thought you may know what it meant that's all x

None of us know too much as we own it more or less we are not supposed to lol

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                It may mean that the company that you work for is going through some tough times and have called in the bank to help it through such times.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=697397

The above is the forum where the person asked the exact same thing as you did.
                Thanks Leclerc, much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X