• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat West, First Reserve account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat West, First Reserve account

When we went to Natwest I had a seperate Nationwide Account which had my NHS pension into it.
    When Nationwide closed the agency this left me, locally, with the choice of Nat West or Barclays.
    As we were still in the process of moving to Nat West we discussed a First Reserve account, this was done and it came with its own Debit Card.
    I did try to "save" but its a small NHS pension and I used this for emergencies and paying for "special" items. I had a letter recently which said that come August the Debit card facility was being withdrawn and that it would be just a cash card from then on.
    The staff in branch do not seem to know what is going on and when I ask sbout changing this to a seperate basic account said that this was not allowed. (my currant card expires 2015,) on line advisor that said that in August I would not be able to pay "income" into this account, telephone bank say that this account should never had such a card but agreed that this was a bank error and " gave" me £40 compensation . The "advisor" would not comment regarding changing this account.
    Can they just do this? (when we ordered another card for my partner it arrived the day before the above letter and was a Debit card!!):flame:
    Last edited by dogtired; 16th April 2013, 10:10:AM. Reason: spelling
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: Nat West, First Reserve account

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    When we went to Natwest I had a seperate Nationwide Account which had my NHS pension into it.
    When Nationwide closed the agency this left me, locally, with the choice of Nat West or Barclays.
    As we were still in the process of moving to Nat West we discussed a First Reserve account, this was done and it came with its own Debit Card
    They should have done this ages ago because the very fact that there is a debit card caused loads of issues when I worked there.

I did try to "save" but its a small NHS pension and I used this for emergencies and paying for "special" items. I had a letter recently which said that come August the Debit card facility was being withdrawn and that it would be just a cash card from then on.
    The staff in branch do not seem to know what is going on and when I ask sbout changing this to a seperate basic account said that this was not allowed. (my currant card expires 2015,) on line advisor that said that in August I would not be able to pay "income" into this account, telephone bank say that this account should never had such a card but agreed that this was a bank error and " gave" me £40 compensation . The "advisor" would not comment regarding changing this account
    The issue of compensation is that the till staff were wrong. You should be able to open a separate basic account but it may not come with a debit card though. It will depend on credit scoring. The account came with originally a solo card so if a visa debit card had been ordered on the account then it was in error.
    Can they just do this? (when we ordered another card for my partner it arrived the day before the above letter and was a Debit card!!):flame:
    Yes they can and I think your partner's card, if it is a joint account, was a debit card then that might be in error.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: Nat West, First Reserve account

When I next go in branch I will ask again about a basic account,
      Its not really a problem having a cash card on the account but I really need to know if I can still continue having my pension paid in.
      Yes it is currently a "joint" account, we did cut the card they sent my partner up as it seemed pointless as it would change in August,
      May also cross the road, reluctently, to Barclays and see if I can open a basic account there!
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X