• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

smith v halifax & first credit overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smith v halifax & first credit overdraft

halfax state there not coverd by cca on bank accounts and overdrafts
    Tags: None

Re: smith v halifax & first credit overdraft

Which provision of CCA are you referring to ?

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
      halfax state there not coverd by cca on bank accounts and overdrafts
      You may want to refer to this post ---> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...144#post312144

...and I replied to your question here ---> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...328#post312328

Comment

Lol
        I have an OD with HBOS and it is now with wescot. I keep sending them letters and they keep replying that it is not covered by the CCA, so I send another saying EU directive etc. Yesterday I got one saying they were returning my £1 fee as this was not eligible for a CCA request. Well if they can show me a CCA request and/or a PO for £1 sent by me I will happily cough up what they say I owe.
        Tomorrow it will be a letter in Noddy language , no big words or anything. I mean...they are from Hull which used to be Yorkshire ( don't tell the OH I said that)

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

hi requested a true credit agreement cca reuest from halifax for a overdraft on 5 nov 20012 they sent a letter back stateing

please be advised that we are not obliged to produce a copy of application for a current account under section 77/8 and first credit that bought the account state the same as halifax

Comment

i requested a true credit agreement cca reuest from halifax for a overdraft on 5 nov 20012 they sent a letter back stateing

please be advised that we are not obliged to produce a copy of application for a current account under section 77/8 and first credit that bought the account state the same as halifax

Comment

hi was thinking of sending this to first credit befor they take court action like they said they will can some 1 help me with amendments to this letter to ask what info they should be sending me thankyou

i requested a true credit agreement cca reuest from halifax for a overdraft on 5 nov 20012 they sent a letter back stateing

Comment

Correct as Overdrafts are NOT covered by the "normal" s77/78 provisions of CCA.
                You will need to use assignment statute to get 1st off your back.
                They MUST have and prove, absolute assignment under Law of Property 1925 s137 and s197

Comment

Correct as Overdrafts are NOT covered by the "normal" s77/78 provisions of CCA.
                  You will need to use assignment statute to get 1st off your back.
                  They MUST have and prove, absolute assignment under Law of Property 1925 s137 and s197

hi what will this involve and would you be able to help me please

Comment

Did you receive a letter called a Notice of Assignment saying that the account had been sold to 1st?

Comment

not from halifax ....first we new it was sold was in oct 20012 when we got a letter from first credit stateing they was legal owners of the overdraft account they bought from halifax

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
                        not from halifax ....first we new it was sold was in oct 20012 when we got a letter from first credit stateing they was legal owners of the overdraft account they bought from halifax
                        the account was in dispute over charges with halifax since june 2007
                        and never had a default letter of halifax

Comment

This deals with the workings of assignment: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...and-assignment

Comment

1) Did they apparently sell the account while it was in dispute?

2) Is there a default registered?

3) Have charges been added to the account?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                              1) Did they apparently sell the account while it was in dispute? yes

2) Is there a default registered? yes

3) Have charges been added to the account?
                              yes and statement of account 1 page they have been removed overdraft was £1400 but it shows the overdraft went over its limit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X