• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fraudulent Use Of Credit Card - Zero Liability?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fraudulent Use Of Credit Card - Zero Liability?

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    The cash withdrawals won't be covered by sec 75 but the purchases should be.

See attached doc.

It might be helpful if you could post up the text of the FOS decision, removing any personal details.
    See EXC's post
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Section 75 won't cover the cash withdrawals.

The FOS does have a point about the difficulty in replacing your wallet undetected.

Just remind me of the total value of the disputed transactions?

Comment

I know - I can understand the FSA's thinking, but it's almost case of it being - if I was lying, I'd think of a more believable scenario! My wallet was taken and returned to my trouser/jacket pocket without my knowledge.

In all £1144.75 was taken, of which £746.57 was as a transaction, the raminding as ATM withdrawal.

Other money taken from my other account (stupidly I had two cards in my wallet with the same PIN) was refunded to me.

Comment

What was the £746.57 transaction?

Comment

Yes - £746.57 was taken in total as two separate transactions.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thr33stripes View Post
              Yes - £746.57 was taken in total as two separate transactions.

Thanks
              What I meant was what purchased with the transactions and who from?

Comment

My apologies - it was in the form of two transactions in the bar/restaurant where I was at the time. The likelihood being that it was one of the staff members that had taken the card and ran the it through the till as false bills.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X