• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone, you may be my only hope :-(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, you may be my only hope :-(

Hi, Have been browsing the forums for hours now but still cant get my head around where to go for some helpfull advice on urgent matters.

Basically I had started a claim from Barclays in may, followed the guidelines, right through to having sent the letter before initiating court proceedings. I had a reply about the test case, stating no more claims will be looked at by the courts until further notice.

At that point, I was on a low anyway + lost all hope of ever getting any of the money back from which had been the cause of serious money problems inc swallowing my benefits the second they touched my account.

I am now in serious debt, mainly caused by Barclays STILL charging me £30 twice on somedays for "paid referral fees" on unpaid items which should have been ok to pay, had my bank not taken out their £30 fees over + over taking me well over my agreed OD limit (I did not know this was happening until I checked online 2 wks later - no letter was sent warning me I was getting charges!!)

How can they still be allowed to do this?? Its obvious that the charges are causing my account to spiral downhill FAST!!

Any advice would be most appreciated, as xmas is near + I dont even have the £ to top up my elec meter let alone buy presents for my 4yr old daughter :-(

Re: Hi everyone, you may be my only hope :-(

Hi and Welcome To Beagles

My first port of call would be to open another bank account and get your income/Benefits paid into that, then at least your money wont dissappear on paying charges, and you can then use the money to pay for your living expenses etc.

It may be that you can persue this under the Hardship rules, but we would need further info from you to be able to advise you correctly.

I am not fully conversant with Hardship cases, but someone will be along shortly who wil be able to spell out the details for you.

PKea

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. I had opened another account (only 2 weeks ago though) which my benefits are now going into instead, however this has made my bank balance really snowball into the black, yet still I have had no warning letter from Barclays advising me of any problems exceeding my OD limit, heard nothing for well over a month

Comment

Ok

Can I just clarify your current situation
        1. You have a New account which your benefits are paid into, and you can get your money ok.
        2. You have a Barclays account which is currently overdrawn and is going further so due to charges being added.
        Have Barclays made any attempts to get the oney back from you? ie Debt Collectors etc, or are you just getting the 'We've added a charge letter' ever now and then?

I presume that you have a log of all charges as you were persuing them for a refund.

I gather that you havent filed at court yet? If so i would bring up to date your Schedule of Charges so that we can then proceed from there.
        Last edited by Paule; 10th December 2007, 12:46:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hiya and well done for getting this far, your doing great. With your new account set up your money will not be swallowed up by charges providing you are carefull with your new account.
          You will need to set up new D/D's S/O's etc to the new account (if you have any)
          Do you have any other creditors??
          Roughly how much do you owe Barclays and how much do Barclays owe you in charges?? You can PM me the figures if you don't want them on here.

Just one point before you answer any more q's. If you can start a thread in the barclays section so we can all follow your progress in the correct forum.

thanks

Comment

As Pheonix say's we need to get your thread onto the barclays forum so we can follow it from there.

If you have opened another account for your benefits that should free up some cash for you, we may need to look at putting your original account in dispute... this should put a stop to further charges. And i think we should get a complaint in to the FOS as a hardship case.
            if you can pm pheonix with the details he's asked for we'll work on your next step from there.

oh and finally welcome to the site
            Tempty xx

Comment

Originally posted by Tempty View Post
              As Pheonix say's we need to get your thread onto the barclays forum so we can follow it from there.
              I've already done it Tempty.

Comment

G'day iluvmy1210's,

You are in good hands so I won't repeat anything, quick unrelated question though, does your name by any chance refer to Technics?

BB

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X