• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I really really need advice re hsbc loan & DG solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really really need advice re hsbc loan & DG solicitors

hi
    i am going to try and make a long story short!! in 2000 i took a £5000 loan from hsbc for a car. for the first 2 years i made the repayments no problem then i began working extra hours to gain day release from work to go to uni for my degree - so with the increase in childcare fees and rent etc etc my loan repayment was my single biggest expense and i knew i was going to head into trouble so before this happened i contacted the bank to see if i could get the loan extended by either 12 or 24 months to reduce payments - they immediately said no and wouldnt budge!! they said the only thing i could have was a managed loan but that they would put my credit card and overdraft in with the loan!! i argued that there was no need for this as there were no problems with either and it was just the loan payment i wanted to reduce but they would not have it any other way - so i had no choice but to agree to avoid default on the loan - so ten years to 2010 and i had paid almost £12000 back on this managed loan - i contact the bank and said i had paid far in excess of the original amount owed and far more on the credit card/overdraft had i of been paying them individually and hadnt they had enough money out of me! they ignored everything i had to say got default notices and threatening phone calls so i went to the FOS (what a mistake that was) after 3 years they only latched onto the PPI part of the claim and ignored me when i said hsbc taking the money for the managed loan was illegal as they did not issue me with a new set of terms and conditions for the managed loan - hsbc admitted to the FOS that they had no terms but were sure they would of sent me some and i would of signed them - i did point out that i had the original loan agreement and therefore if they had of sent me a new set i would of held onto them also!! in the end the FOS decided they did not have the legal knowledge to settle the issue over the non-exsisting terms but that they would get the bank to give me just under £2000 for the PPI but the bank would be allowed to take the outstanding balance of the loan - just under £1300 and send me the rest and the bank were paragons of virtue because they would be willing to take off my credit file all reference to this debt!!! i wrote a very angry letter to the FOS rejecting the offer as the bank have had enough money from me which they were not legally allowed to have in the first place!! so now to the crux of the matter - i have now recieved a letter from DG solicitors saying i have to contact them to avoid legal action - i want to write to them and tell them they will not get a penny from me and as hsbc broke the consumer credit act by not issuing me with terms and conditions and that i want all my money back and to take me to court as it will save me the trouble of issuing proceedings against hsbc - should i write such a letter? or should there be another avenue i should take? i would appreciate any advice before i answer these people
    Tags: None

Re: I really really need advice re hsbc loan & DG solicitors

I think you have to be careful here. The law is a funny thing - get to Court and who knows how it goes!

I can tell you that I missed one monthly payment under a special arrears arrangement with HSBC - yes, just one whole poxy £35.00 payment - and DG took it to Court as a result of which of course I am still adhering to the arrangement which was in place all the while but is now legally ratified but with the added issue of HSBC having a charge over my property!!

Keep away from Court at all costs! Grit your teeth and negotiate with DG because they can bite!!

Comment

They go behind your back whilst you negotiate or even are making payments and issue N1, not them these days but agents on their behalf it seems.

Comment

Hi - I know this is an old post, but do you still have the letter from DG solicitors? It's very important!

Comment

Already responded on another post:-

Re: HSBC DG Solicitors

They do BUT they name actual HSBC Solicitors by their name? ==

Alan M Burden B.Sc Paul Kavanagh LL.B
          This firm is the Practicing Name of the Solicitors employed by HSBC Group
          Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority - SRA number 346635

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X