• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fraud on bank card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud on bank card

I am having issues with my bank as i have had my card cloned at some point,i have done everything the bank have told me to nd they still refuse to repay the money taken from my account.I have been told to contacted the fsa to help me is there any other options i can look at.
    Tags: None

Re: Fraud on bank card

Let's step backwards one second.
    Have they provided the date and times of all transactions made during the period of time in which it is alleged the card has been cloned?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Yes they have provide the times and dates of the yes and the reason they wont return my cash is because they claim that chip and pin cant be cloned.

Comment

Were the transactions at times you could not have made the transactions? Were they in the UK and were they for large sums of money?

Comment

How to Report Fraud

• As soon as a suspicious transaction is identified, immediately report this to the bank in order that a 'stop' can be placed on further transactions.
          • The financial institution must send out a form. This is a declaration that needs to be signed by the legitimate cardholder confirming that any transactions weren't legitimately made.
          • The bank will then credit the cardholder's account, although the merchant has the right to challenge this. The onus is on them to prove that the transaction was made legitimately.
          • If a bank is uncooperative or unhelpful, speak to their supervisor. Section 12:12 of the Banking Code states that the consumer is not financially responsible for any unauthorised transaction unless they themselves acted fraudulently or negligently

Read more at Suite101: Advice on Chip-and-PIN Credit Card Fraud: How to Report Fraud, Shoulder Surfing, Cloned Cards, ATM Fraud | Suite101.com http://suite101.com/article/advice-o...#ixzz1yH9qQJQo

D
          Last edited by davyb; 19th June 2012, 21:16:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mudslinger View Post
            I am having issues with my bank as i have had my card cloned at some point,i have done everything the bank have told me to nd they still refuse to repay the money taken from my account.I have been told to contacted the fsa to help me is there any other options i can look at.
            And, the name of your Bank?

Many consumers are having problems re: credit/debit card cloning at the moment...a hot potatoe, so to speak!

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/frau...aud/fraud-faqs

Factually, the matter should be escalated to the Bank in question "Investigation and Fraud" department.

Comment

http://crimestoppers-uk.org/fraud/ab...fraud-faqs/#Q3

Comment

Bank in question is natwest.I have been right the way through the fraud dept.The transactions occurred 24 miles away from where me and my card was at work. I have contracted the police and got a incident number from them and passed this to the banks fraud dept.The bank have supposed to have investigated the fraud but are only looking at the account transaction and not potential cctv footage from banks cctv.

Comment

Bank in question is natwest.I have been right the way through the fraud dept.The transactions occurred 24 miles away from where me and my card was at work. I have contracted the police and got a incident number from them and passed this to the banks fraud dept.The bank have supposed to have investigated the fraud but are only looking at the account transaction and not potential cctv footage from banks cctv.
                  I've had this happen to me, though before the days of chip and pin, but I had a great alibi at the time as I worked as Site Admin at an Avon & Somerset Police station, so they couldn't argue with that.

You need to get full details from them, they need to provide details of whether or not the transactions made were through a chip and pin machine or whether or not it was online sales.

You need to get details of the shops/businesses in question that your card was used. I have no idea if you are male or female, but do the purchases on your card fit the profile of your sex for instance?

You need the dates and times of the transactions, and then you need to go back over the past few weeks, and think of places you have been that you can prove you were not at the location where they took place.

Work records, hair appointments, shopping, anything you can remember that puts you in a particular location that is in or around the time that a fraudulent transaction taking place, with an utterly impossible time frame for you to achieve, i.e. you were shopping in Tescos at 4:00pm in the afternoon, and at 4:10pm 24 miles away, you were supposedly buying shoes.

Seems to me the bank has already made a half arsed decision, and are leaving it down to you as to whether or not you push it further.

Comment

NatWest? oh this is getting even better. OK, when did you notice the transaction and was it the same day?
                    Were they at ATM's or at retailers?
                    Did you report it same day you found out?
                    Was it for large sums of money?
                    Was the transactions made online?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X