• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB claim they have over paid for PPI.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB claim they have over paid for PPI.

Hi everyone.

I've just returned back home to Scotland to find a very worried wife, almost in tears and shaking. She handed me this letter......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lloyds havin a laughh0h0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	1177758

This whole horror story of PPI(all 3 cases against Lloyds TSB), through Legal Redress(Client Credit Review, Lifestyle Claims, Ultimate Law) that's a big umbrella to work under, has been somewhat stressfull. I now wish we hadn't bothered.

In the three claims "paid out" by Lloyds TSB straight into our account, not via any claim company, not 1 of those claims under 1 Reference number, hit 5 figures. All three letters received from Lloyds about compensation quoted a 4 figure sum.

Can a bank, who have now claimed to have overpaid, be exempt from blame for their own errors and are we liable to pay back this alleged overpayment which they are claiming under a sole reference number? I'm finding the whole episode a bit iffy.

Just to add that we got the "threat-o-grams" from Legal Redress for £1,700 for one claim and we panicked and paid them. We had also had paid them an up front fee which they are now willing to repay if we settle our second claim, they are also willing to waifer the added penalty fees for late payments. It's been all so confusing for us who are not very clued up.
    Last edited by Mr D; 8th June 2012, 16:44:PM. Reason: attachments
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB claim they have over paid for PPI.

I cna't open them but it looks as if you have left your personal details on the letter . Please take them dooon and re- sbmithem with your personal detail Name address account number removed .

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
      I cna't open them but it looks as if you have left your personal details on the letter . Please take them dooon and re- sbmithem with your personal detail Name address account number removed .

All personal details were removed seduaraed, simply filled in with pretend stuff.

Comment

Mr D, the letter is unreadable I'm afraid so can you write it out longhand for all of us so we can give you some advice. This may sound bizarre but legal redress claims ltd, have not completed their work so to speak if the bank are asking for money back. If you explain to them that the bank are saying that the amounts are lower then they should get involved since the higher the money the higher their commission .

Can the bank state this? Yep
        Can they ask for the money back? Yep

When they paid out was it higher than the amount that they had stated was owed? That is more interesting if you have already spent the money since it was not unreasonable to do so.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X