• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Lloyds TSB complaint!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Lloyds TSB complaint!

Hi all,

Thought I'd post this here rather than in the VIP area as I might get more responses, but won't give too much identifying info out if that's ok

In my DSAR to LTSB I discovered that during the time we had our mortgage with C&G they made a very degrading and personal comment relating to a telephone conversation I had with a member of staff.

I have subsequently put in a complaint to head office (addressed to the new CEO) but three weeks on have had no reply of any kind. Last week I decided to email my complaint straight to the CEO, but this has also gone unanswered :tinysmile_cry_t:

Today I resent the email with a threat to report their actions to the FSA, but still nothing. I am now exasperated and furious at their lack of manners apart from anything else!

Can anyone please suggest a course of action that will guarantee a response?

Many thanks as always,

Nellie x
    Tags: None

Re: Another Lloyds TSB complaint!

You go girl, I suspect he is on holiday somewhere.

Keep up the pressure, give him/her a timeline and stick to it - if no response in that time go straight to the FSA.

When will they learn they cannot treat us as 2nd class citizens.

Comment

Hi Nellie

I know how you feel and wish I complained, don't know if its too late to do so in this respect though, and this was with Nemo Personal Finance!!!

Looking through the SAR data, the sarcastic remarks were awful made by staff, even on our personal/family life.

The SAR for this was about 2 years ago, I was deeply upset about it and do wish I spoken up.

I agree with Tuttsi, keep on at them, it will eventually get answered, even though the waiting is a right pain, but as well as the FSA have you also thought about the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as well in regards of the data protection act?

However, in regards of our C&G SAR, when we remortgaged they have the income lots higher than it was, only my hubby working they had his income as £28K and mine as £11K, I am a full time carer for my son now and before this remortgage I was not, just a normal houseperson, and hubby was receiving less than half of that as a wage. I really don't know why this was missed on the application, so dim of me and hubby.

Di
      xxx

Comment

Nellie, check this out below if you've not done so yet. x

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/fre...formation.aspx

Comment

Very many thanks for your support and helpful links ladies

However, you will be pleased to hear that I finally received an apologetic email reply this morning to say the bank is going to look into my complaint........will keep you updated

Nellie xxx

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
            Very many thanks for your support and helpful links ladies

However, you will be pleased to hear that I finally received an apologetic email reply this morning to say the bank is going to look into my complaint........will keep you updated

Nellie xxx

Hi Nellie

That's good then, glad to hear it, well done hun, let us know how you get on, cheers and all crossed here xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hi Nellie

That's good then, glad to hear it, well done hun, let us know how you get on, cheers and all crossed here xx
              Thanks Di - I guess it's probably down to your excellent advice (as usual!) re: reporting them to the FSA

Thanks again hun xxx

Comment

Hi folks,

Just a quick update on this one -

Have received a letter from C&G admitting that their comment was 'completely unacceptable' and offering £500 compensation :tinysmile_grin_t: Whilst I'm surprised and delighted that they've admitted their guilt and offered anything at all, I'm not really sure that £500 covers the upset this comment caused, so I'm going to have to think long and hard before deciding whether to accept...........

Will keep you guys posted!

Nellie x

Comment

Hi folks,

Just a quick update on this one -

Have received a letter from C&G admitting that their comment was 'completely unacceptable' and offering £500 compensation :tinysmile_grin_t: Whilst I'm surprised and delighted that they've admitted their guilt and offered anything at all, I'm not really sure that £500 covers the upset this comment caused, so I'm going to have to think long and hard before deciding whether to accept...........

Will keep you guys posted!

Nellie x

Well done Nellie

That is so fab to be offered compo, you could ask them to consider more perhaps!

Makes me think if I should put in a complaint about mine now via Nemo, the comments were awful what they made, even about our personal life about my son with special needs.

So pleased for you honey.
                  Di
                  xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    Well done Nellie

That is so fab to be offered compo, you could ask them to consider more perhaps!

Makes me think if I should put in a complaint about mine now via Nemo, the comments were awful what they made, even about our personal life about my son with special needs.

So pleased for you honey.
                    Di
                    xxxx
                    Thanks as always for your kind words Di

Yes, I would definitely go for it if I were you - how terrible of them to make comments regarding personal issues like that, especially about your son...........that's unforgivable and certainly should warrant some compensation to be paid :tinysmile_cry_t:

Will send you a pm regarding the actual circumstance of my complaint to see what you think, if you don't mind?

Nellie xxx

Comment

Thanks as always for your kind words Di

Yes, I would definitely go for it if I were you - how terrible of them to make comments regarding personal issues like that, especially about your son...........that's unforgivable and certainly should warrant some compensation to be paid :tinysmile_cry_t:

Will send you a pm regarding the actual circumstance of my complaint to see what you think, if you don't mind?

Nellie xxx

Hi Nellie and thank you, I think I will.

Yes please do honey. xxx

Comment

Thanks Di - I really appreciate that...........pm on its way xxx

Comment

Offer of £500 in compensation? How strange is it that's the same amount it would cost them if investigated by the FOS? I don't know what the remark to which you allude was about but, the £500 plus a donation to your favourite charity seems reasonble.

Comment

Originally posted by alsagerman View Post
                            Offer of £500 in compensation? How strange is it that's the same amount it would cost them if investigated by the FOS? I don't know what the remark to which you allude was about but, the £500 plus a donation to your favourite charity seems reasonble.
                            Thanks alsagerman :tinysmile_grin_t: Just a quick update to say I've now managed to negotiate an increased offer amounting to twice the original sum

Comment

Hi folks,

Just a further update - compensation payment of £1000 received into bank account today...........so another successful complaint chalked up

Must update my sig too, to reflect the latest refunds received!!!

Nellie x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X