• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

s.a.r

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s.a.r

i started writing to banks,credit cards etc for my partner in jul 07 and some of them no matter what calls we make or letters we write have even gave us his statments.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: s.a.r

katie, which ones have not responded and have they told you why?

Comment

They do not have to provide you with statements as such, but they do have to provide you with the information that you have requested.

If they have not and you have given them the necessary amount of time - sue them.

Comment

Hbos i got a letter 14 th aug 07 saying they recieved request had a high number of request and will respond no later than 40 days. then another saying they didnt have enough info needed account number (which i gave them) and previous address i posted that info to them again8th sept and heard nothing so partner rang put in complaint 20 sept 07 heard nothing .

capital one and barclaycard ive just wrot to infomation commissioner getting fed up with it

Comment

Hi Katie

With all my HBos Requests, they needed a Kick up the Ar.. to get the info from them.
          This is the letter i sent to them, it may be a bit dated, so if others want to add anything feel free.
          Also the named person may no longer be there anymore

Mr K Patton
          Data Protection Consultant
          HBOS PLC
          Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire
          HX1 2RG

8th November 2006
          Letter Before Action - Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Mr Patton

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxx

LOAN ACCOUNT xxxxxxxxxxxx
          CREDIT CARD xxxxxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated 22nd September 2006.

If you do not comply within the next 7 days, I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully,

PKea

Comment

thanks pkea did you get a good respones after this letter ?

Comment

I got a letter in a couple of days apologising and full statements by the end of the week.
              I even got a phone call of one of the departments apologising and the statements arrived shortly.
              Obviously as you can see from my letter, that was the situation a year ago, and a lot has happened since then, but fro the sake of an extra week and a registered letter, it may save you going to court over this.

PKea

Comment

yeah i agree. i need to send it recorded delivery dont i for proof of sending it ?

Comment

Originally posted by katie11 View Post
                  yeah i agree. i need to send it recorded delivery dont i for proof of sending it ?
                  For Proof they received it, for proof of sending you can just get 'Proof of sending' form the PO.
                  I normally only get proof of posting, but in this case for a quid get it 'Signed For'

PKea

Comment

oh didnt know that thank you i always send my letters recorded delivery for my proof of sending. so i just go to post office and fill out a form proof of posting?

Comment

You just ask them for 'Proof of Posting' basically its a stamped receipt, but it will suffice for evidence that you sent them something.
                      Best thing to do is to print 2 copies of the letter and send one out ans staple the Proof Of Posting to the copy.
                      Then you will no what reciept refers to what letter

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X