• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Firstplus not supplying settlement figure!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firstplus not supplying settlement figure!

Originally posted by Surfer View Post
    So FP are under no obligation to send a statement at least once a year? A mortgage company has to so why not FP?
    HI

I think they are required to under the banking code, but it is after all just a code of practice, not statute as in the case of a regualted agreement.

Peter

Comment

I found this, but don't really understand it. Can someone please have a read though it and see if it applies in my case as the loan is no longer secured on any land or house and there has been a variation in the amount I pay? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by peterbard View Post
        I think they are required to under the banking code, but it is after all just a code of practice, and not even worth the paper on which it is printed.
        IFYPFY.

Comment

I found this, but don't really understand it. Can someone please have a read though it and see if it applies in my case as the loan is no longer secured on any land or house and there has been a variation in the amount I pay? Thanks.
          Hi
          Yes as said earlier we need to find out if your agreement is a regualed agreement under the cca 1974 or not.

We need to know ;
          How much the loan was for
          When it was taken out
          Was it a first charge on a property.

Not sure what you mean by "no longer secured on land".

Peter

Comment

I have been getting notifications on this thread although there has been no updates. Loan no longer secured on property as property was sold in February 2006. We are now stuck with the difference between the pay off and what was outstanding. The difference was about £5500 but after paying £70 per month since 2006 we still owe them about £4300 with the contract due toi run another 7 years!

No statements have been forthcoming and we have not received a settlement figure despite asking for it twice in writing. We have not paid this month's instalment and will not until we get a statement and the settlement figure.

Comment

I have been getting notifications on this thread although there has been no updates.
              I'll explain.

The notification was generated when some mindless spammer posted an advert to the thread not unlike the nonsense I have quoted below - from which I have removed all advertising content.

Originally posted by epxsbzyk
              Domatmoge < shoe site to be spammed > patdualpnet Jeaggilanda < shoe site to be spammed > sasyUnpaf IdioxnomHeimi < shoe site to be spammed > WristeDrienna
              By the time that you read your email and return to the thread, the spam will have been reported, the spammer will have been banned and the rubbish they posted will have been removed. All you'd see would be the old postings, with no upgrades.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X