• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Additional borrowing from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional borrowing from Santander

Can someone explain to me please why Santander are being so difficult.We have a mortgage with them and wish to borrow £10,000 additional borrowing on our mortgage for home improvements and paying of old debts.
    The very long winded phone interview went okay until we were asked of proof of my husbands contract of employment.He is an HGV driver and has been for 20 or so years,he has recently been made redundant and went straight into work again the next day.He is about to recieve a contract as he is coming up to the 2 month mark when they recieve them.
    They wanted proof of a fixed contract,which he explained that they are basic fixed contracts.Apparently this is not enough information we have to prove that it is not renewable in a years time(it isn't)but from what i can gather it has to state he is permantly employed there(which in his line of work he is).
    They want to know he will always be there to pay this extra loan of,but we don't know of any contract that states you will never loose your job!!!!??.
    NOBODY CAN GUARANTEE THEIR JOB,can they!!??
    What a great sense of security that would be,would'nt it!!!.
    Last edited by Desert Flower; 5th July 2010, 15:19:PM.

Re: Additional borrowing from Santander

Does anyone have any views on this or anybody know what the crack is here.
    I really don't know what they expect from a contract!!!

Comment

Lending... I had the same thing with them... spoke to my friend who works for them also a broker.. Santander are just not lending...my friend works as a financial advisor... all she can do at the moment is talking about selling ISAs also my broker advised me he has people with squeaky clean credit and they have clients who are down sizing the mortgages and the Santander wont even do a re mortgage for them!

May have something to do with they have no money!

Maybe a broker with another lender could be a better option as long as you have a 25% equity in your property...hope this helps
      :beagle:My debt help and support thread

Comment

It sounds like when your husband actually receives his contract, that will hopefully suffice.

Presumably he is not on a temporary or 1 year contract, so he would be on a permanent contract?

A permanent contract doesn't state that you will never lose your job, but does confirm that your job is permanent and to lose it you would need to be made formally redundant etc.

My sister, on a modest income is just going through a so far so smooth remortgage with Santander. Hope yours works out too.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for the responses,fingers crossed,i'll let you know the outcome,cheers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X