• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Packaged Account Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Packaged Account Fees

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Thank you Lou, yes I know what you mean, I wasn't sure if you could claim them back so it's worth a try !
    When and if I get a responce I will post up. xx
    I'll have a dig around and see what I can find in relation to the charges and fees hopefully might be able to come up with something

If you could that would be great xx

Comment

Hi
      have just joined this site and reading with interest your success.
      i have a complaint in with Nat West about our advantage gold account.
      they have rejected our complaint twice now but am not giving up. We were told in 2 Feb 2001 we needed the AG acct to secure extra borrowing on our mortgage this was agreed 6 Feb 2001 The last rejection was based that we had had borrowing on our mortgage 1991 & 1995 without the upgrade...but what they have failed to address is that the AG acct was not introduced until 1997 with a criteria of income 20k but this criteria was remove 1998. We where told to have this acct 2001 the next time we went to the bank for help. How many times do we have to complain about the mis selling before we say enough is enough and go to the FOS?

Comment

Had a rejection of our complaint against Halifax.
        Not supprised to be honest as I had no paper work whatsoever.
        Question do I accept this or reject it?
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump again please for me and Samsky.

Comment

DT can you just clarify what your complaint is?

As I understand it was originally for a mis-sold packaged account that Halifax say you only had briefly and were never charged for but the statement you got from them (2004 - 2011) showed £4k in unidentified charges which you're thinking about trying to claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Samsky1961 View Post
                Hi
                have just joined this site and reading with interest your success.
                i have a complaint in with Nat West about our advantage gold account.
                they have rejected our complaint twice now but am not giving up. We were told in 2 Feb 2001 we needed the AG acct to secure extra borrowing on our mortgage this was agreed 6 Feb 2001 The last rejection was based that we had had borrowing on our mortgage 1991 & 1995 without the upgrade...but what they have failed to address is that the AG acct was not introduced until 1997 with a criteria of income 20k but this criteria was remove 1998. We where told to have this acct 2001 the next time we went to the bank for help. How many times do we have to complain about the mis selling before we say enough is enough and go to the FOS?
                If you believe you were mis-sold the account you absolutely should go the FOS.

You have 6 months to do so from the point Nat West gave you their final response to the complaint. The thing is their final response to your first complaint may have triggered the 6 month clock. When was that?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  DT can you just clarify what your complaint is?

As I understand it was originally for a mis-sold packaged account that Halifax say you only had briefly and were never charged for but the statement you got from them (2004 - 2011) showed £4k in unidentified charges which you're thinking about trying to claim?
                  A bit of both EXE. we had this account for some years before we moved and I am positive that when we opened that it was a packaged account, they even "gave" us a loan for home improvements .
                  I lost my job and got into difficulties and the bank despite our being on a payment plan "sold" it, (the loan) via Blair Oliver Scott to Cabot, we did continue to pay them for a time until the PPI scandal came about, (still banked with them at the time) .
                  They eventually paid out but only via the FOS and Cabot still continued to chase us despite having letters from the bank that this was settled they did eventually give up , LB helped me a great deal on this one.
                  Meanwhile, just before we moved my debit card was lost or stolen and someone used it to obtain cash from a local pawnbroker/short term lender, this resulted in bounced DDs which they charged for.
                  They then made the account into a card cash account (somehow still letting us have an overdraft!)
                  We continued to be customers despite them closing the local agency but then closed the nearest branch and in the same year changed the charges, that even if you had an arranged overdraft you still got charged per day, making us almost always in the red because of the way the "system" worked.
                  It was then we changed banks!
                  The claim I made, was to be honest a bit of a chance as I had approach them for evidence of payment to another party that the FOS needed after several errors when they seemed to think I wanted to claim PPI off them they did send statements but only dating back to 2004.
                  Without doing a full SDAR is her any point trying with this?
                  I know all about the court rulings.
                  The FOS say they have had evidence off the bank to show that the package was only there briefly and that the bank had agreed that they had acted incorrectly but had already compensated me (£25 !).
                  They also had an almost full page of the court rulings for bank charges.
                  I have to accept or reject the decision by the beginning of September.
                  Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi DT, sorry i have not been around as much, busy doing up house etc....

Is this the ombudsman's stage it was rejected or still the adjudicator?

Comment

Hi Samsky sorry for the delay.

Have you received the "final response?" you have 6 months as from the date on the "final" decision, but if you have time left, have you tried contacting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the business as well?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Hi DT, sorry i have not been around as much, busy doing up house etc....

Is this the ombudsman's stage it was rejected or still the adjudicator?
                        Ombudsman stage Di. xx

Comment

So the complaint to the FOS was just for the mis-sold packaged account?

Comment

Yes but was verbally told they would look at the charges as " hardship"

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                              Yes but was verbally told they would look at the charges as " hardship"
                              I didn't realize FOS adjudicated on hardship bank charges cases.

If you've not done an SDAR I suppose it's worth doing just in case in brings anything up on the packaged account, which you should get back in time for your FOS deadline. TBH I don't think there's much point to appealing the FOS decision without any new evidence.

On the bank charges front we've actually had a case heard recently using some new European Court of Justice case law. It's a bit of a long shot but we're hoping that the judgment will be handed down in the next few weeks.

Comment

[ QUOTE=EXC;459212]I didn't realize FOS adjudicated on hardship bank charges cases.

If you've not done an SDAR I suppose it's worth doing just in case in brings anything up on the packaged account, which you should get back in time for your FOS deadline. TBH I don't think there's much point to appealing the FOS decision without any new evidence.

On the bank charges front we've actually had a case heard recently using some new European Court of Justice case law. It's a bit of a long shot but we're hoping that the judgment will be handed down in the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well I did think it was strange!
                                So where would it leave me as regards the bank charges, would it not be worth rejecting this and waiting to see what happens?
                                As regards the SDAR will think about that but not sure what good it would do we are looking at records back to 2001/2002 which is when we opened the account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X