• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting info about bank loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting info about bank loans

Hello again.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm in a muddle and can't take in any additional info at this time.

How do I go about getting details concerning bank loans taken out in 1999, 2000 and 2001? This was not provided with my SAR and I thought it would be. I wrote to Lloyds specifically requesting whatever they had on file about these loans and was told that, due to their retention policies, loan agreements are not kept.

Is this true or just another way of fobbing the consumer off so that they don't get their mis-sold PPI refunded?

I'm actually trying to find out if they refunded interest for clearing my loans early... or anything else that would allow me to reclaim more of my money from Lloyds!

Thanks,
    FM

Re: Getting info about bank loans

A SAR is usually the best way, however, as you have already tried this and they deny keeping data, you may have hit a brick wall.

Yorkshire Bank tried this with me and I telephoned the Data Controller direct, after a bit of going round in circles and trickery I managed to get him to admit that they held data back to 1987 .

You could try ringing customer services or going into your branch and suggest you need the info for something innocent, you never know they may slip up. Tell them you bought a car with the loan and DVLA are chasing you for something.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks Tools, good idea.

I'm worried because I've got a court claim against Lloyds for non-compliance with my SAR. As well as wanting to know if there's anything else I can reclaim, I'd like to be sure that the judge will believe me when I say that they haven't complied fully.

They did the same when I asked for credit card statements beyond 2003 too: no longer held due to our retention policies. Seems very convenient if you ask me.

Best,
      FM

Comment

May be of interest to you if relevant

Lloyds-HBOS battling growing data mountain

In fact, tell them you are interested in taking out a new loan and out of curiosity "just wondered" when the last loan was you took out.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X