• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sarah9900 v Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah9900 v Abbey

Help !!

I wrote to abbey back in May requesting my bank charge money back under financial hardship. I enclosed an income and expenditure with the letter. I had a response back from them saying that as i had no prirority debts i could not claim them back and i should contact a debt managment company to sort out my problems.

After speaking to the CCCS they advised me that the income and expenditure i originally sent was inadiquate and to send them a common financial statement and to underline the fact that rent is a priority debt.

I sent Abbey the common financial statement along with a covering letter 3 weeks ago and have made several phone calls chacing this matter. I today recived a letter saying ;

We have carefully considered all of the information provided and your financial activity with abbey, together with information obtained from the credit referanc agencies, to assess your claim. Please note our check with the credit referance agencies will not be recorded on your credit file or made available to other lenders and therefore not affect your credit record.

We can see that your abbey account was closed more than 12 months ago. Therefore , we believe any unauthorised overdraft bank charges incurred prior to this closure have not contributed to your present situation.
    Therefore regret that we are unable to consider your request for a refund of charges.:cry:

Can anyone offer any suggestions to tackle them further as i believe that charging £6000+ over the last 6 year has obviously attributed to the problem especially as i am a single parent on a very low income.

Abbey appear to be comming up with excuse after excuse to get out of this. I have rent arrears and have been off work for many months with a health related illness which is also adding to the current financial problems.

Thanks for reading

Sarah xx

Re: Sarah9900 v Abbey

Do you have charges with your current account provider?

At the moment, I would tend to agree with Abbey on the basis that the account was closed over 12 months ago.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

I do have some with my current banks, My financial problems have been like this for many years and the amount they have charged has contributed to this, unfortunatly my illness has just made my situation worse.

Abbey withdrew my account , so i had no chioce about it being closed.

sarah
      Last edited by sarah9900; 26th September 2009, 15:12:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah9900 View Post
        Thanks for your reply

I do have some with my current banks, My financial problems have been like this for many years and the amount they have charged has contributed to this, unfortunatly my illness has just made my situation worse.

Abbey withdrew my account , so i had no chioce about it being closed.

sarah
        How did the charges begin, ie something caused the lack of income to go through the account?
        When did it begin?
        How did it impact on paying priority debt arrears(mortgage.rent, council tax, utilities)?

Comment

Hi Sarah

You mention your medical condition, did you send to Abbey details of this.? When did this condition start? ie was this in the period when you had your account running with Abbey and when the charges were spiraling?

I am thinking that if your Medical Condition occured during the period when you had your Abbey account when the charges started adding to your financial miserey, then maybe we could revisit this period with Abbey, giving them more information and evidences to support your claim for fonancial hardship under the FSA waiver rules.

Once we see how this might effect your position with Hardship with Abbey, we could try to get Abbey to reconsider their stance.

Tuttsi xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X