• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

please can someone help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please can someone help

Please can someone offer advice on where I stand with my old Nat West T/A account. This account was closed in Jan 2004 as the charges got higher & higher. I wrote requesting a refund of disproportionat charges in Aug2006 and asked them to send copy statements (as my accountant had had the originals, then claimed he hadn`t!) going back to Feb 2001, which was when the charges seemed to begin, I paid the fee but only received some of the statements (up to Sept.2002). I have sice written many times to Nat West requesting the missing copies and even delivered one letter by hand, but have had no reply. I`m sure they are legally obliged to provide the information but before I start spending money I haven`t got on legal threats, I need to be sure that I am still in my right to claim back these charges. I understand there to be `test cases` around and I believe the banks are looked upon favourably in these instances. Having looked through the statments I already have, back in 2001 somedays I was being robbed of £120 per day! I can only imagine that the statements they have witheld prove even worse! No wonder I was working all hours and never had the pleasure of seeing my babies grow up!!
    I would be grateful of any advice - all the other web-sites seem to have information which is out-of-date.

Re: please can someone help

Seeings as it was sooooo long ago that you requested your statements I would suspect that you will have to start again.

You need to send a SAR with the £10 fee. Did you send£10 originally?, can you prove you paid it, do you have copies of the letters?

Legal Beagles

Unless you are in financial hardship right now your case will be put onhold until after the test case, but it is worth having all your statements and figures of how much the charges amount to ready for when the case is over.
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi. Thanks so much for replying. Don`t feel quite so alone now. I know I definately paid a £5.00 fee, in cash at my local branch. I wasn`t given a receipt though and I didn`t think to ask. I did show them a letter requesting the money in exchange for the statement copies. They sent me roughly half of the requested copies which do have copy printed on each of them, so this proves they did have the money from me otherwise they wouldn`t have sent those. I`ve tried to chase them up many times, but they are refusing to answer. I feel like camping out in their foyer until something is done, but I`d probably be arrested! I know I`ve written on several occassions but when I got a new PC about a year ago I copied everything on to floppies & now I can`t open them! All thats showing are lines of boxes & symbols - it`s so frustrating! But I have sent them at least three more letters since then and have kept printed copies.
      (My original letter requesting the charges be refunded was Aug. 2006 - does that make a difference to my claim, as I think new rules may have been introduced?)
      Any advice is gratefully received.

Comment

A SAR is not just statements it's everything the bank holds on you and the cost is £10.00 which I would do by cheque or postal order which will mean you have a paper trail.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X