• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thriftkitten V Lloyds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thriftkitten V Lloyds

Ok story so far.... 1st template sar request along with 10 cheque sent recorded to Lloyds 05/04/09.
    Letter back from them today with 1103.15 of charges (mainly overdraft charges)
    Also along with the standard mumbo jumbo about the claims being on hold etc etc.
    My questions are... Do I also add their "overfraft interest charges" also or just the unplanned interest charges?
    So many different charges that Im getting confused
    "Unplanned O/D fee" 195.00
    "Overdraft excess fee" 60.00
    Other Unplanned overdraft fees range from 120.00 to 215.00 this is per month.

I called them again today and spoke to collections which is where my account is and asked if I could close account or do something to stop charges and they replied NO!!! the account needs to be paid in full whether or not I am on a means tested benefit or not before it can be closed!!!
    Just for reference this account has not had any activity for 8 months apart from the PLANNED ARRANGEMENT that I have to put 50 pounds in per month to repay the 500 pound overdraft which is now 900.00 because of their charges each month, they can never answer my question as to why when I have an arrangement to pay 50.00 a month they slap me with 120.00 every month. AAArrrrrggghhh I'm so frustrated, how am I supposed to pay this off when Im accruing an extra 70.00 on top after my arrangement per month!
    Not forgetting how helpful the customer service lady was by assuring me it would be ok if they just extend my overdraft to cover the bloody, darn hellish charges they keep imposing!!!
    Thriftkitten....
    Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.

Re: Thriftkitten V Lloyds

That is what they should have done in the first place if you have an arrangement in place(what kinda collections are they??).
    What charges have you included and more importantly what charges have you excluded?

Comment

You can add interest you have been charged, but you can only claim the proportion of interest that came about due to the charge - you will need a spreadsheet to calculate this.

Comment

Oh they up my overdraft every month to account for the monthly 120.00 they slap on me!!
        Should I be getting charged 120.00 every month if I have an arrangement in place to pay back 50.00, whats the sense in that, surely anyone can see that Im never gonna get back to below my 500 overdraft as im accrueing an extra 70 after my monthly arrangement payment.
        Charges Im claiming back are:
        Overdraft excess fee 60.00
        unplanned overdraft fees anything from 120.00-to the highest 215.00 p/month.
        Overdraft interest anything from 1.12P-12.55p
        Returned D/D 70.00
        Im assuming I can include these fees
        And of course on the spreadsheet they sent of charges they have left the "Paid in" column blank all the way down, no show of what I have paid in per month( 50.00)
        Thriftkitten....
        Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.

Comment

If you are the same thriftkitten on MSE the advice is reclaim under Financial Hardship process . I am the same NatWestStaffMember that posted on your thread there, pmsl.

Comment

Oh I think I am the same thrift kitten, I try to stick to this site now as I find it easier to navigate round, but do pop in from time to time on MSE.
            I intend to send my next template letter claiming those certain charges back, along with an income and expenditure sheet, proof of means tested benefit and copies of debts and collectors, is that all I need to claim under hardship or is there anythingelse please.
            Thriftkitten....

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftkitten View Post
              Oh I think I am the same thrift kitten, I try to stick to this site now as I find it easier to navigate round, but do pop in from time to time on MSE.
              I intend to send my next template letter claiming those certain charges back, along with an income and expenditure sheet, proof of means tested benefit and copies of debts and collectors, is that all I need to claim under hardship or is there anythingelse please.
              I think what you need to do is to pop into the hardship claims section and start a thread on it and then update it etc.etc.
              I knew I had seen your post before which is why I commented .
              We both seem to get about

Comment

I am also prowling in the Natwest section here too, hahah I dont mind getting about if it gets results x
                Thriftkitten....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X