• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat West OD default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat West OD default

Hi, anyone out there can let me have a little advice on what to do next with the following;
    1. Wrote to NW re Bank charges reclaim (about 3.5K) and said to them i would accept this in lieu of 3k OD account which has now been closed - plus a cheque for balance back to me.
    2. NW wrote back saying all claims on hold until decision of pending appeal. So i should pay back the 3k i owe them in full asap.

What should i reply?

Re: Nat West OD default

Are they nagging you to repay it ? If not unless you can afford to pay it back in one go then I'd enter into an agreement to pay it back monthly. Hopefully the OFT case will be over before you finish paying it back and your charges will cover it and you will get a cheque for the balance.

Comment

Well, they have passed it on to DCA - who have submitted a nasty letter

Comment

Originally posted by Dev1003 View Post
        Well, they have passed it on to DCA - who have submitted a nasty letter
        Are you in financial Hardship?
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Which DCA as well?
        Last edited by natweststaffmember; 11th April 2009, 13:12:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes very much so
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Triton
          Last edited by Dev1003; 11th April 2009, 13:14:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hardship Claims - Legal Beagles
            The above link is to the hardship forum. Start a new thread and tell us what you have done so far.

Triton---pmsl, NatWest in house debt collection agency. We will sort them out as well.

Comment

If you consider yourself to be in hardship, then have a read of this guide and decide whether you meet the criteria needed to do a hardship claim Guide to Claiming Hardship - updated February 2009 - Legal Beagles if you do decide to proceed then post everything up on here and we can assist you, and we will change your thread title to a hardship claim too.

Comment

Many Thanks for this - will keep you posted

Comment

Let them sue you for the £3k overdraft (which they won't), but if they do you can then counter sue for the charges.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X