• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reply to my LBA within...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply to my LBA within...

Hi guys,

Natwest were right on time with their reply to my LBA, but it's not very good news... Here's the letter:

Anyone let me know what the next stage is please?

Thanks LB, AGAIN!

Re: Reply to m LBA within...

are you in Financial Hardship?

Comment

well, technically I am, yes. Former student and unemployed since summer. Whether or not I can "prove" i am in financial hardship is another story...

Comment

Originally posted by bugsy101 View Post
        well, technically I am, yes. Former student and unemployed since summer. Whether or not I can "prove" i am in financial hardship is another story...
        Do you have "priority debts" arrears?

Comment

Erm, not really, no.

I had defaulted on my student Master Card. primarily as a result of charges and had to pay off the £300 before court action, so I had struggled with that.

Does that count?

No income since graduating, at all.

Comment

Erm, not really, no.

I had defaulted on my student Master Card. primarily as a result of charges and had to pay off the £300 before court action, so I had struggled with that.

Does that count?

No income since graduating, at all.
            You claimed back any charges on the Master card?

Comment

not yet, no. can't even really afford the £10 SAR right now.. Planned and hoped to get a quick reimbursement for my bank charges first, before moving on to my CC..

Comment

not yet, no. can't even really afford the £10 SAR right now.. Planned and hoped to get a quick reimbursement for my bank charges first, before moving on to my CC..
                My personal opinion is that you need to do the Credit card first and then go for bank charges.

Comment

Re: Reply to my LBA within...

why is that though? To support my please for hardship?

Comment

why is that though? To support my please for hardship?
                    Financial Hardship payouts have usually been based on Priority debts so the answer to that question on post 5 suggests to me that you won't get anything with Financial Hardship which is why the other charges might be better off getting because Credit Cards are not covered by the OFT test case.

Comment

Right, I gotcha. So in effect, reclaiming CC charges will be easier atm, than bank charges because they are not covered in the test case?

oh and btw, Nattie, you've been so much help through all of these and are patient as hell. Thank you for all your help, I really do appreciate it a great deal!

Comment

Right, I gotcha. So in effect, reclaiming CC charges will be easier atm, than bank charges because they are not covered in the test case?

oh and btw, Nattie, you've been so much help through all of these and are patient as hell. Thank you for all your help, I really do appreciate it a great deal!
                        No problem, the main thing is getting back what is rightfully yours. If we get you the money back on the credit card then I will be pleased as a starter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X