• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank withholding funds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank withholding funds

On Tuesday I went into my local co-op bank and transfered 3.5K into my LLoyds bank account. she said it would happen stright away. I then checked and it did not!
    I went back into the branch and I was told that they are doing some checks, the manager said if its no cleared by today them come back in and we will give them a call
    The funds did not clear this morning! I went into the bank today and the manager phoned them up and said that funds would clear by close of bussness 9pm today. The funds did not clear!
    I have checked again today and again money did not go in
    I went to the bank and it was closed!
    What can I do? Do I have any options such as small claims court, financial ombudsman est. Or am I just a victum of banking fraud?
    Tags: None

Have you asked your bank what is going on and why?

Have they done a BACS transfer which can take 3 or 4 working days?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X