• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage charges refunded out of the blue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage charges refunded out of the blue

Really on one hand delighted on other cynic is wondering why! Out of the blue HSBC sent a letter saying they were reviewing charges and interest on accounts that should not have been applied enclosing a cheque .It pertains to my mortgage !! Anyone else heard of this and should I graciously accept or investigate ?
    Tags: None

It isn't that unusual now a days.
    Companies regularly review their own performance and if they find they have not provided what they themselves consider adequate service they will make ex gratia refunds of charges. (they need to act before the regulators pick up on it!)

Comment

Thanks Des8 that does make sense.They issued a cheque but the interest is accumulated on total amount outstanding so have they opened a can of worms or possibly charging on what they separately refunded?

Comment

That is for you to explore

Comment

The plot thickens I recently received a cheque from HSBC for 25 quid in interim had raised why they had sent me a cheque re mortgage for a much larger amount. They are saying it is because they are reviewing blah and not admiting any incorrect charges but that I could have moved to a different mortgage rate product but I may not have known or wanted it !!! This does make any sense and the 25 quid apparently ongoing reviews this makes me very suspicious they are not admitting hoping your be wow money there is something brewing or something else ..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X