• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

siltrac v natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siltrac v natwest

Hi I am new to this so may come across a little dim, short version of long story....family buisness goes into liquidation on dec 07, husband made bankrupt feb 08 then has a breakdown. I had a non fault rta in dec 07, and advised by doctor not to work. We have four children and are living on benefits...
    Nat west has taken me to court to recover the amount we are overdrawn 3100, The court has ordered that I pay back 2500 plus 500 court fees. Nat west would not agree to an arrangement. 600 has been suspended being the charges incurred since feb awaiting the oft decision. I have put in a claim for bank charges in excess of 10,000 however this was not taken into account, I have also put in a hardship claim.
    I cannot afford to pay this as we cannot make ends meet as it is. Is there anything else I can do!!!!

Re: siltrac v natwest

Hello siltrac and a very warm welcome to Beagles.
    I am not the one to answer your questions, but someone who can help will be along soon.
    You will probably have to give a little more detail as to whats happening especially with the hardship claim.
    Enaid x

Comment

Hi thanks,
      So far the Hardship claim has gone as far as Natwest asking us to provide proof of our financial hardship ie sick notes, proof of benefits, utility bills. These were posted at the beginning of the week.

Comment

once they have responded to that give a shout. Furthermore, a warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

Comment

We need fuller details.

What did the judgment say, are you able to post it up? What have you been ordered to pay back per month?

Your charges reclaim of £10k - what letters have you done so far on this? Is this claim stayed?

Comment

Hi, the judgement ordered me to pay back in full by 31st december 08. I explained to the judge that I had no way of paying that amount . He said that, that was upto Natwest to deal with at a later date!!!! Sorry I do not have a scanner to post it up.
            I have written to Natwest enclosing a schedule of charges, and asking if my case can be looked at under the financial hardship waiver. After completing their Customer financial statement, Natwest has requested copies of sick notes, proof of benefits and utility bills. Which have recently been returned.

Comment

Hi,
              I am still waiting for a response from Natwest re the financial Hardship claim, I have spoken to them and they say that my appeal letter was received 2nd March. Is this a reasonable time to wait. What can I do to chase them up. I also now have a suspended repossesion order on my house, which I have told them about. Back to court next week.

Comment

Back to court for what?

Have Natwest given you any timescale of how long they are expecting it to take for a decision on your hardship claim?

Did you counterclaim against them regarding the charges?

Who has the suspended possession order and when was that granted? Have you come to a payment arrangemnt with the mortgage company?

What letters etc have you sent to natwest with regard to the hardship claim?

Sorry for so many questions but the more info we have, we will best know how to help you.
                Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by siltrac View Post
                  Hi, the judgement ordered me to pay back in full by 31st december 08. I explained to the judge that I had no way of paying that amount . He said that, that was upto Natwest to deal with at a later date!!!! Sorry I do not have a scanner to post it up.
                  I have written to Natwest enclosing a schedule of charges, and asking if my case can be looked at under the financial hardship waiver. After completing their Customer financial statement, Natwest has requested copies of sick notes, proof of benefits and utility bills. Which have recently been returned.
                  Are you able to type up the Judgement freehand and then email: admin@legalbeagles.info
                  In the subject box put "siltrac judgement"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X