• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

on a Joint mortgage can one party cancel an insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on a Joint mortgage can one party cancel an insurance

I was in a joint mortgage with my late wife back in 1992 with the Leeds Permanent Building society, without consulting me, my late wife with the help of her mother managed to get the mortgage insurance cover cancelled, at no time was I consulted and I knew nothing about this until well after my wife died, I went with her death certificate to file a claim only to be told that the insurance had been cancelled about 1 month before her death. Two questions is it legal on a joint mortgage to make any alteration without mutual consent, also is the Halifax who took over the Leeds responsible for its actions?
    Tags: None

The mortgage and the insurance cover are two different products, even if you signed the documents at the same time. Whether what your wife did was lawful or not depends entirely on the terms of the insurance cover. You should probably give some more details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X