• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with Natwest Systems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Natwest Systems?

Just found this post on a non money forum, and thought I would copy it over here, don't know how good the info is, but they tend not to bs over on that one....

Anyway any Natwest customers might want to keep an eye on their account as debit card transactions from Friday night have been put through twice, in my case putting one of my accounts into the red.

I'm not sure how widespread the problem is but the impression I got from the chappie I spoke with is that it's hit a lot of people.

I have heard that as well, my understanding is that it is affecting transactions made via switch. It does seem that our comp system is experiencing a lot of problems recently.

Comment

Oh poop, that would be just my luck. just checked online, but last few day's are not showing yet. will have to check again tomorrow.... paid a few things by card last week.
      Thanks Delta, will keep an eye on that

Comment

It would have shown by now tempty

Comment

The other weekend nastywest wouldnt let me take any money out of our account we had about £500 in there but card kept being declined was very embarrasing
          When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

cash machine or shop? was a cheque clearing or was it cleared funds? had the card expired?

Comment

Restaurant first, then down the road at the cash machine. Card in date, £500 cash in the bank and £500 available on overdraft. So technically £1000 available

The bill was all £90 ish and we had enough money (for once) in another account. A friend said it happened to him that night aswell again he is with natwest.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

bloody hell, someone must really hate natwest for some reason, or should i say rbs group

Comment

I've had that prob before at asda and costco!
                  Natwest said it was the 'stores' fault both times
                  Is it actually the banks fault then nattie?

Comment

I have to say the word communication means that the news wires get the info before we as bank staff seem to get it. I did see an increase in this and assumed it was a stores machine error. I guess i was wrong.
                    COMMUNICATION.

Comment

Dont think it was just shops or restaurants as I tried getting the money out of a natwest cashpoint......

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I didnt have that prob, i could get the cash out ok.
                        Must've been the stores then in my case

Comment

Oops, i no problems with cash machines this weekend that i am aware of. I will know tomorrow.

Comment

I guess i should make a statement on this and so I will do that now.
                            The problems of natwest computer systems has caused duplication of solo payments made on 5th July 2007. The issue will be resolved overnight tonight. However, if anyone has had any payments returned because of this error they will be refunded. The Communication in telephony units was great but the branch network communication was appalling.
                            Hope that solves that problem.

Comment

Great thread, thanks guys - can tell the hubby to check his now too.

nuddy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X