• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Maybe Abbey????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Abbey????

Well I guess after getting it back from every major high street bank in the last six years, Ive dug deep in my brain cells, and realised I used to have an account with these lot absolutly yonks ago!!!!

Now Ive got a particular peeve with this lot, as I had a mortage with them 10 years ago, and around that time they changed into a bank and everybody was supposed to have shares - well they sent me the info - and that was it - i heard nothing back from them. So Im guessing I lost out on a couple grand worth of shares - so getting my charges back should go someway of making up for this.

The issues I have.....

The account must be about 10-11 years old - since then Ive moved and married. (well I have done other things in 10 years as well).

So anybody got an idea on what my chances are on this?

I seem to remember in the old grey matter that abbey are particularly annoying regarding mirco fish (or whatever it called) so is this worth it or not for me (Hell I dont even have my old account numbers).

Ok Im guessing this is a no go - but Im getting a bit bored with no one to sue!!!!

Abbey was one of my first scalps

They bring out the Microfiche argument for old data, but I do believe that they got checked out and it was found to be relevent system.
    Not sure how far back they go though, and they are more than likely to say they havent got any date.

Anyway good luck and hope you get some info from them

Comment

Hi Scarlet,

Have a look and see if the SAR I sent HSBC will be of any use to you.

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forums/1173-post1.html

Please feel free to use any part of it if it helps.

If you dont ask, you will never know !!!!!!

Lex

Comment

Don't know if this info any use to you but Abbey are insisting that they don't keep data beyond 6 years, despite other knowledgable people over the way insisting that their archives go back to 1926.

I've tried to get info out of them for an active account and keep hitting a brick wall.

If you want the account number I believe the BBA have the facillity to track dormant accounts but not closed accounts.

Good luck in getting your info .... but be aware, Abbey are so and so's for dragging their heels and delaying tactics.

Comment

It does puzzle me that they dont just accept our ten pounds and let us have the pre 6 year stuff, particularly as it seems to be a different kettle of fish entirely actually claiming back the older stuff.
          I SAR'd Abbey for an account I had from about 1994-2001 ish, they sent me full SAR information for about 1 month, but claimed they had nothing more on the account at all.
          The account in question actually passed over the DCA, wish I knew which one, but cannot remember.... and when I spoke to Abbey on the phone, they said that the account was closed in 2001 with a negative balance on it, (of around £800) AS IF!!! that was when they passed the account over.
          I honestly do not have a clue as to when I finished paying the account off, and who to........ Maybe if I knew I could SAR them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X