• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My Nightmare with new account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Nightmare with new account

This is just a moan rather than a request for help!!

Going through my second claim with HSBC led me to use my Para Acc with Barclays.

This is the first month we used it - 2 weeks in fact!!!

I have never had such a nightmare!!!!

Trying to stay abreast of things I check my account on a daily basis and budget accordingly. It has been awful.

I have noticed that over the past week or so barclays take around 4 or 5 days in most cases to debit your account with Debit Card transactions!!! Insomuch your left on most days thinking you have more money in your account than you have actually got.

In my hsbc account it used to show up even on a saturday, looking at today balance Ive got transactions from last thursday and Friday.

Weve just realised now that we have no money left because of this. Im flipping fumning!!!!!

I wouldnt say so much but it effected around 13 individual transactions - impossible to keep track of!!

Surely in this day and age - something as basic as Debit Card transactions are dealt with on the same day or at the very least over night!!

Time to look for another account me thinks - this is no good for anyone!!

Barclays are crap, but sometimes the blame also lies with the vendor as to when there systems process as well,

Word of warning though:
    If you have a Direct due to go out on a Monday, it will go from your account on Saturday.
    I complained so much to them about this, that they just cancel the direct debit everytime this happens.
    I am with Nationwwide now,but still use the Barclays a/c for debit card transactions

Paul

Comment

Dont do DD from my running account to be honest. It causes so much hassle with everybody acting like they got their hands in the Cookie Jar. I set up a SO to a seperate account whereby all my DDs are set up and thats all the account is used for - running DDs from. It impossible to do it any other way as my OH gets paid four weekly, so at the start of the year he get his cash say 30th of month - by summer its 15th and by xmas its around 3rd, it flipping knightmare. Thats why we do it like this!

I get what you say regarding the vendor but Ive always shopped in the same ASDA or Tesco for example and it quickly left my HSBC account - like I said before it even showed up on weekends!

Nah this is barclays - its really stupid, I cant beleive what a huge mess we've been left in?

Im thinking of jumping ship from this as I dont want the same mistake happening in future.

You know what we need on this site - a user pole of Banks so we can rate the best and the worst!!!!

Any ideas of Lloyds?

Comment

IMHO
        They are all as bad as each other

Lloyds is probably the only bank i haven't used, so no opionion on them sorry.

My wife used to be 4 weekly paid, and i know what a pain it is.
        Luckly we changed the mortgage payment to four weekly so her wages always covered that, and thats the only important payment as far as i am concerned.

Comment

Oh my mortgage payments are the bain of my life to be honest!!!

I cant even move the payment from the 14th (date we completed) to the 20th (date I get paid) unless I pay £265 - interim adjustment blah blah blah.....

Ive been with many different companies over the years - as I always change at end of tie in periods for better deals - and GE are the only ones who have ever charged this payment !!!!

In my previous mortgage with them - I had to do the same - change from 10th to 20th - I wrote to them to ask if I could pay this interest adjustment over 4 months - yes they said - what I didnt realise was they charged me an additional £40 per month on top for the next 4 months!!

NICE!

I hate paydays and DD - they never work out - Im changing job on the 16th of this month. In my current Job I get paid on the 20th - butin my new job it will be last Friday of each month!!!

So its going to be - not enough wages in account on 20th for Mortgage - as I will only get paid up to 16th - or pay late at end of the month.

It drives me flipping up the wall!!!

Comment

Im one of the few people left whjo gets paid weekly and that really is a nightmare.. having to remember to save set ammounts for bills, mortgage ect... then charges hit and the budgetting all blows sky high
            When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Wow weekly eh?

Thats a real blast from the past that is!!!

When my OH was training as a Train Driver (im sure theres some sort orf irony there but cant think of anything witty to say about that for now!) they paid him weekly - when he qualified they switched over to four weekly.

It was a knightmare to get through the month on a weeks pay!!!!

The trouble is with getting paid four weekly is every 7 years they need adjust the pay date by shifting it back a week.

This happend to us in May this year - trouble is the company didnt bother to give anybody any warning - all hell broke out. To this day they are unremorseful over it - claiming it is just one of those things.

This for me is where I got over £400 quid in charges from HSBC as all the DD were bounced - ever sympathic they were.

Then month on in and month on out - the account just got worse and worse as we just couldnt recover from it!

Big Companies and banks - you just gotta love em I tell you!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X