• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Lloyds Statutory Demand - WON!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/Lloyds Statutory Demand

Wow that's a fabulous achievement, poor Lowell's must be shaking in their boots every time you contact them....... just think the 34 -50 that you are helping there are 100's that don't know that they can get help and Lowell's take them all the way.
    Originally posted by Celestine View Post
    I think I'm around the 34 mark now, but by the end of this month it will be over 50 :biggrin1:

Comment

Have you beaten The Leeds Losers again???

Comment

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Surely 34 cases is enough to prove to the idiots at the OFT that these Feckers are abusing the system.

Did i ever mention I absolutely despise THE LEEDS LOSERS

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            For 'official purposes':

Statutory demand WITHDRAWN, partly because incorrect court was listed on stat demand.
            When a SD is "withdrawn" does that mean it just gets 'filed away' or not progressed to a BR petition since a SD is not a document issued by the court? Or does the creditor have to file something formal at the intended court (albeit in this case they listed the wrong court :rolleyes2.

I sense there were other 'unofficial' reasons for it being withdrawn such as not a legal leg to stand on in relation to non compliance with s.78 CCA (4 times), but if the wrong court was listed I presume there is no other reason why a creditor can't simply issue a new SD a week later with the right court on it if they're confident of their legal stance to BR a debtor

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              When a SD is "withdrawn" does that mean it just gets 'filed away' or not progressed to a BR petition since a SD is not a document issued by the court? Or does the creditor have to file something formal at the intended court (albeit in this case they listed the wrong court :rolleyes2.

I sense there were other 'unofficial' reasons for it being withdrawn such as not a legal leg to stand on in relation to non compliance with s.78 CCA (4 times), but if the wrong court was listed I presume there is no other reason why a creditor can't simply issue a new SD a week later with the right court on it if they're confident of their legal stance to BR a debtor
              This is an interesting question, because when a SD is set aside, it will have been done through the courts and there would be a record.

If it was just withdrawn, there would be no record of either the SD being issued, or of it being withdrawn. :confused2: I'm not a lawyer, but these guys who are, say the claimants should pay the costs of making the application for set aside: http://www.clough-willis.co.uk/perso...ry-demand.html

However, in this case, things may not have progressed as far as making an application for set aside.

It also says the creditor is still free to start proceedings through the county court.

Once the application has been made it will be listed for hearing and the creditor will have an opportunity of responding to the application and supporting witness Statement. At that stage it may be possible to reach agreement with the creditor, particularly where no Judgment has already been obtained and the creditor may accept that there is a genuine dispute and that it is unreasonable to pursue the matter by service of a Statutory Demand. If that is the case, then they can withdraw the Statutory Demand, although they should normally pay the debtor's costs of making the application to set the Demand aside and the creditor is then free to commence proceedings through the Court which can be defended in the usual way.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X